Detention

Mike's POV

What is taking so long? Where did they take her to?
Jonathan has been on the phone for half an hour and we still don't know what to do to get her out of there. Wherever "there" is.

Why did she do that? Why did she do that? That question is on loop on my mind. None of this would be happening if El had just told me what was going on.

She was being bullied, and Angela was cruel, but she could've killed her! She's just a girl. I wonder what was going through her head, really. What thoughts could she have had to hurt someone like that. Did she think of using her powers? Did she try to? Those kids were gesturing to her the same way she does when she does something with her mind...Maybe she tried before? God, why does nobody talk to me anymore?!

"El, I understand. I've been bullied my whole life, you don't have to be embarrassed about that. You can tell me things."

"No, you don't understand. I am different. I don't belong. "

" in Lenora?"

"Anywhere! Everyone looks at me like I'm a monster. Including you."

" What? Is this about yesterday? Look, I'm sorry I yelled, okay? I was just surprised! Maybe a little upset...but that doesn't change the way I see you! I care about you so, so much, El. "

" Care... But you don't love me anymore? "

- Mike? Are you okay?

- What? Yeah, I'm fine.- I reply from where I'm sitting on the couch. I'm not actually fine, but I don't need to tell will that.

- Were gonna find her, okay? This just a misunderstanding, she can't go to jail, she's 14.- he says, sitting down next to me. He's probably trying to comfort me but he doesn't know half of what's going on.

Jon - Well, that's not exactly true. She can go to a juvenile detention center.

- You're not helping.

- She was supposed to lay low - I say quietly. - What if they look into her files and shit and the bad guys come back to get her?

- There's no way that that could happen. Jonathan, where is she? - Will asks, getting up from the couch and walking towards his brother, who puts the phone down after a couple seconds.

- She's at the being interrogated at the precinct. Cmon, we might have a chance to get her out if we go now.

- A chance? But I promised-

Jonathan grabs my all stars and throws them in my lap - Well then, we'd better go.

----------------------//-------------//-------------------

Jane's POV

This place is scary. I'm scared. I want to go home. There are two officers asking me a lot of questions that I don't know the answer to.

Of. 1- And that is when you struck her?

I nod.

Of. 1- We are going to need a verbal response.