9 ✘✺✘✺

"Bucky?"

Her hands supported her weight as she peaked into the room her hair fluffing out around her.

"Camille?" His deep voice echoed throughout his room.

After she had stormed off, Camille found the one thing that never failed to make her feel safe.

Whether she would admit it or not, Bucky had always been that thing.

It seemed everything was going to fast that night and was overwhelming her. After arguing with Tony the first time.

Wanda and Natasha finding her then seeing the papers on his desk.

It was all too much for Camille. It was like everything and everyone she needed to support herself had turned against her.

Except for him. "Why are you awake- we're you crying?"

This caught his attention along with her disheveled appearance. Even through the small space in the door he could tell.

"Me and Tony had a fight." She mumbled. Bucky sighed.

"Come here Sweetheart." He said his tired Russian making her knees weak. Pushing open the door she walked in the room.

Then she softly pushed it closed behind her. She could see Bucky's body.

It was illuminated from his sheer curtains, doing nothing to protect him from the city lights.

She slowly approached him, feeling like it was the first time they met.

Both alone and afraid from the trauma they experienced. Though she felt like the scared deer this time.

"James Buchanan Barnes my name is Camille ill be escorting you to your room."

James looked at her surprised with the use of his actual name, many only ever called him Bucky.

Though even with his surprise he moved his feet. It was slow and unsteady.

But he couldn't shake the years of conditioning he had gone through even after he's regained a good amount of his memories.

Camille watched him move her eyes shifting from the tight loaned shirt to his black combat boots.

'Noted James needs new clothes.' Smiling she began walking to their destination."The first time it's always overwhelming."

He grunted offended, but she ignored him."This is your room if you ever get lost you can call Friday or me."

James eyed her as she held out a key. He snatched it from her hand and then quickly unlocked the door to his new home.

She only smiled sadly.'He always brings in the broken ones.' Turning on her heel she knew it was like looking at herself.

She hated it.

When she made it to him he put his arms around her waist and pulled her into his chest.

It was like she could breathe for the first time."Never do that again."

He muttered. She wanted to freeze if not for the realization. She had called him Bucky. "James I feel useless."

The sentence had made his heart break. It was like she pulled him down with her.

He could feel her anxiety her need for being useful and her aching for being wanted. "I need you so you are not useless."

It was heavenly. He was heavenly. "He said he was going to fire me he said he cared for me."

It felt like bricks as she said it. James looked at her.

"He's not going to do anything, you know he needs you we all do without you the Avengers would fall apart."

If it were anyone else then she would brush it off, but she knew he meant what he said.

She knew he was right. Without her the Avengers would be nothing. She built the team wether they knew or not.

Tony would never get rid of her, but that didn't mean his words didn't hurt.

Because they did, they really did.