25 Իᾰ!ℵ

The still air made it seem like the world was frozen.

In reality it was just the anxiety she felt as she sat on her couch staring at the clock that never seemed to move.

Sighing she looked down at her wine glass. "They're late...again." Sucking in a shakey breath she set the glass down and turned on the t.v.

Sometimes she hoped they were busy saving the world. Not just leaving her alone, but lately it's been so quiet in her small apartment.

The news came on. Showing no coverage on anything relevant. Maybe she would be alone this Christmas.

Or maybe not. Getting up she downed the wine. It marked her third month of being separate from all of her soulmates.

It was also her final month of therapy, but it didn't seem like anyone cared. So she wouldn't either. Sucking in a breath she held back tears.

She needed a change. So she went to her bathroom to make one.

Her hands gripped some hair scissors the cold air biting her skin. At first she trimmed then she cut it all off. It felt...freeing.

Closing her eyes she felt the gold blood run through her veins. Her hair turned a dark colour mixed with swirls of white gold.

Running her hands through her hair she felt her curls bounce. She always had wanted to cut her hair.

Now no one could stop her. Just as he went to find something to wear her phone buzzed on the marble counter in the bathroom.

She turned and went to grab it. Only to see a text. It was directions to some fancy Christmas event. Sent by someone she didn't know.

Looking at it in her hand she figured why not. They weren't coming to see her anytime soon, and it would be nice to drink her sorrows away.

After all that's something that always worked. Walking to her closet she pulled out an old dress. Something she had never worn but always kept.

It was a gift, not that it really matter now. She doubted anyone would recognize it. Hanging it on the closet she picked out some heels and jewelry.

Then she went and took a shower, she was hoping it would wash away the memories from tonight. Give her a little hope for whats to come.

Later in the night she found herself pulling the dress down from its hanger and putting on the expensive fabric.

It felt like she was being hugged in all the right places. Throwing on a black fur coat she found herself putting on some of perfume.

The bottle was almost out. An label that was peeling off. She could guess the company no longer made it anymore.

Dabbing it on with a gentle touch she looked at herself in the mirror. Some of her soul marks had been covered with some concealer.

The one's visible anyways. Looking at herself in the mirror she checked her lipstick one last time.