Chapter 26

Prince Gabriel and Abigail were left speechless of Eurielle's actions earlier.

'What's wrong with her?'

Gabriel couldn't figured her out these days, no, he couldn't get why Eurielle was acting like that.

Ever since he visited her that one time, Eurielle's attitude changed towards him.

Back then, she used to look at him with such obsessive eyes. She acted like she wanted him.

She even went such lengths like hurting and bullying Abigail just to gain his attention.

"Your highness..." Abigail whimpered.

"What's wrong?" She patted her head.

"Lady Eurielle told me she hates me."

"She's just jealous of you don't mind her."

Gabriel felt that something was changing.

'What made Eurielle change?' He stared blankly at Abigail while she was blabbering in front of him non-stop.

He suddenly recalled the days when Eurielle used to chase him back then.

"Your highness! I brought you some dessert."

"Your highness, you look dashing today as well."

"I really love you, your highness."

"Your highness?"

"Ah. Yes?"

Abigail's voice brought him back to reality.

"You weren't listening?" She pouted. 'What's wrong with him? He seems out of it..' Abigail contemplated.

"I'm sorry. You were saying?" The prince shook off those thoughts. 'What am I thinking?'

"I heard from my father that in their meeting, Grand Duke Deidamus stood up to the emperor about your engagement with Lady Eurielle." She happily said the news.

"What? What happened? He grabbed both of her shoulder.

"Ow- you're hurting me, your highness."

"Ah, sorry." He let go of her shoulders.

"Your highness, are you alright?" Abigail sweetly caressed his cheek.

"Ahck-"

Gabriel suddenly had a headache. He remembered Eurielle saying the same thing to him too.

But... Why Eurielle? Lately, she's been bugging his mind. It's like in everything he do, she's always included.

Gabriel massaged his temple as he closed his eyes.

"Your highness? Oh no, do you have a headache?" Abigail panicked. 'Is the magic starting to lose its effect?' She gritted her teeth.

"I'll take my leave first. I still have something to do."

"Oh... Ok." Abigail drooped her head.

After that, the prince left the Chatham estate.

*Clack*

"Oh my, was the prince alright?"

"He looked unwell."

"Did you see his treatment towards Lady Eurielle?"

"It's really different towards Lady Brown."

"Is the engagement still valid?"

Abigail who heard these mutterings from the ladies glared at them.

"Didn't you hear what I said earlier? Duke Deidamus already talked to the emperor in order to cancel their engagement. It will be annulled!" She yelled.