Chapter 3

"Oh my~"

"Is it true?"

Somewhere in a certain household, a tea party was held.

Different pastries and refreshments were served, the tea was warm, and there were giggles all around the place.

There were more than five noblewomen from different houses gathered in one large table.

Including Eurielle.

Sitting in a comfortable position, Eurielle just ate the dessert quietly while the others were gossiping.

She was wearing a light blue dress, not too sophisticated but it was pleasing in the eye.

"Lady Eurielle."

Eurielle flinched when she heard her name. "Yes?"

"You've been quiet since earlier.. and what's with your dress today? I thought you always wear the latest ones from Matilda's Boutique." Lady Brianna chuckled.

"I noticed too. And your makeup too- oh my goodness are you not wearing any?" Lady Kate exclaimed.

"Oh, and I heard that you sent an apology letter to Lady Abigail? I can't believe you can do that Lady Eurielle."

"Really? Lady Eurielle, sending a letter to Lady Abigail? And an apology at that? Oh my goodness."

All of them were targeting Eurielle today.

It's been a week since they last saw her so of course they want her to explain what's going on lately.

Eurielle stood up from her seat.

"Lady Eurielle? Is there something wrong?" Lady Brianna asked.

They noticed Eurielle's strange behavior.

Usually when they gather at times like these, she always brags about her new dresses and how she bullied and as well as badmouthed Lady Abigail.

But the Eurielle right now was too quiet. She didn't even wear makeup or the latest dress she always talked about.

"I'm leaving." Eurielle briefly replied.

"Oh, why? It's still early. Stay for a while." Lady Kate smirked.

Eurielle stared at her with lazy eyes.

"W-What?" Lady Kate stuttered.

"Who are you again?"

"Pardon?"

"I'm asking who you are."

"What? Are you mocking me?" Lady Kate raised a brow.

Such a simple question and she can't answer.

Eurielle found it hard to interact with people like Kate. It makes her head hurt.

"Who are you?" She repeated.

"How dare you- I'm Kate Millers, daughter of Marquis Millers. How could you forget, Lady Eurielle? Are you that old right now?" Lady Kate answered in a mocking voice.

"I see. Baroness, Baron, Viscountess, Viscount, Countess, Earl, Marchioness, Marquis, Duchess, Duke, Grand Duchess, Grand Duke, Princess, Crown Prince, Empress, and Emperor."

"What are you talking about Lady Eurielle?"

"Your father is a Marquis right? While mine is a Grand Duke." Eurielle said in a low voice.

"That- yes.."

"Then you are aware of the large gap in our statuses." Eurielle added.

"...Yes."

"Then who are you, daughter of a Marquis to speak up to me, a Grand Duke's daughter?" Eurielle's tone remained.

There was no anger nor mockery included in her voice.

Kate started feeling nervous.

She knew that she acted out earlier but Eurielle saying these things in front in front of her.. is embarrassing. It's more embarrassing since she stated a truth.

"I.. apologize."

"Yes? What did you say?" Eurielle asked. Kate's voice was too small for her to hear.

"I apologize, Lady Eurielle. Please forgive me." She gritted her teeth.

For the first time in forever, the other ladies saw the terrifying side of Eurielle.

Like they say, a calm person is a terrifying person.

The others just drooped their heads low, fearing that they might anger Eurielle.

They've been acting really relaxed around Eurielle that they forgot her status is much higher than theirs.

"I'll get going now."

With that, Eurielle left the party.

...

Eurielle leaned her chin on her palm and stared outside the window.

She was currently inside the carriage, riding towards home.

It's the first time she's been outside since she woke up as Eurielle.

*Thud*

Suddenly, the horses neighed and the carriage stopped.

The coachman got off and he looked troubled.

"What's going on?" Nathalia, who was in front Eurielle since earlier, asked the coachman.

"Uhm, there's a person lying in front of the carriage. It's a bit hard to pass through since this is a one-way road."

'A person? Now of all the times?' Eurielle calmly thought.

Eurielle was a bit curious.

She went out from the carriage and checked the situation herself.

The coachman's words were indeed correct. There was a person lying on the road.

Eurielle walked towards that person and squatted for a moment in order to check. It was a man.

Silver hair and long, silver lashes. His clothes were filthy but aside from all of that, he was still good-looking despite he was asleep.

While looking at the unconscious man, Eurielle didn't know what to feel about him.

"You." Eurielle looked at the coachman.

"Y-Yes?"

"Drag him towards the corner."

"Pardon?"

Eurielle stood up. "Drag this man towards that corner so our carriage can pass through." Her voice was still as a peaceful ocean.

"Ah-! Yes, my lady!" The coachman bowed.

He carefully dragged the unconscious man towards the corner like Eurielle commanded and now, the road was clear.

"Let's go back."

"Yes, my lady." Nathalia and the coachman responded.

And so, the carriage continued to drive until it arrived at the Deidamus mansion.

***

Somewhere in the right corner of the paved road, a man was leaning on the wall.

Silver hair and dark red eyes. Despite of the filthy appearance, it cannot be denied that he looks incredibly handsome.

His lips formed a mysterious grin whilst watching the disappearing image of the carriage that just passed by.

"So that's the famous Lady Eurielle?"