Chapter Two

Our car ride was silence, I could only look out the window, afraid to make any noise. Steve on the other hand, is driving effortlessly. He made driving look so easy.
After a while, we arrived at his home. He opened my door and carried me out. The mansion looks marvellous. Once inside, I saw a family photo. There's their dad, Steve, Alex and Benji. My mom met their dad while acting in a movie, they've been close friend since then.

She would invite them for dinner every now and then, I was struggling with my health when they first came. I sit at the backyard, holding my inhaler. There's pills on a plate, glass of water next to it. I'm sitting on the swing, resting my eyes. Until I heard a voice, I looked at him and he smiled, sitting next to me. We talked for a bit, he told me about his family and I told him about mine, suddenly there's a petal of flower landed on my hair, he tried to pick it but accidentally touched my forehead, he pulled his hand away, before saying "You're burning, are you sick?"
I just nodded, he cut in.
"Why are you outside? It's cold here. Want me to take you to your room?" he holds out his hand. I nodded again and took his hand. He holds my hand on the stairs. And tucked me under the blanket. We've just met but he has been kind. I felt comfortable enough that I fell asleep while holding his hand.

All I can hear was somebody calling my name.
"Rey. Rey! REY!" Steve shake my shoulder, snapping me from the flashbacks. I look around and saw there's an old guy treating me. Steve is still holding my shoulder, he look deep into my eyes and finally asked, "Did you black out? I thought you're sleeping but your eyes are open. Are you okay now?"

"Yeah, sorry. I got dizzy and distracted." I replied.
"Seems like you hit your head pretty hard. Well I've done my best for today, if you feel sick, it's normal. Rest out this week. Medicines are in the cupboard. Read them before using. See you tomorrow Mr.Blues." the doctor left.

"I'll tell Benji everything, he'll come home in like 15 minutes. If you need anything, yelled for Alex for now. I got some work."

"Thanks.." he nodded and close the door. I didn't waste time looking around, I lay inside the blanket, covering my ears with my palm. I understand that he's busy but how could he leave me alone. Today was terrifying. As I lay underneath the blanket, my eyes closed, I'm praying that I can fall asleep and wake up feeling fresh. I don't know how long it's been but I couldn't fall asleep. I pinched my arm a few times, a bit too hard, any movements inside the room, even the sounds of the fan, scares me.
Suddenly, the door slowly open, footsteps, coming closer to the bed I'm hiding on. That's when the person pulled the blanket to see my face. I tugged the blanket back. Not letting him. I anxiously pull on the skin on my dry lips, it's chapped and bleeds. A hand wrapped the blanket firmly around me. I'm now sitting, I peak through the blankets end and saw Benji. He sighed. "It's me. Can you throw away the blanket please?"
I look at him for awhile before nodding, slowly I let the blanket fall. My messy hair, teared t-shirt, I'm embarrassed by my looks, I look down to which he lift up my chin. He took a piece of tissue and wiped my lips.
"Need anything? I'll be right here, talk to me." he begged.

"Don't leave me alone tonight.. Its frightening.. I can hear him in my head.. Its like he's nearby, I feel naked.." I spit my thoughts out. He nodded and sit on a chair. "He won't get you. I've put him behind bars. Sorry for being late." he holds my hand.

"Thanks for finding me, I can't imagine what would happen if you didn't come, I texted mom but I knew she can't be much of help.. She didn't even ask about me since.. Its scary.. I hate it.."
I tear up, using my last strength to hide my face before the adrenaline rush finally subsides. I waver and laid on the bed. Benji keep repeating " it's okay now, you're strong, I'm here now. "

Benji is the most caring person I've ever met. Since our first meet, all he do was take care of me and asked about my health. It's pure luck that he's in the same mall at that time. Thanks mom for texting your friend's sons before the police.. He brushes my hair, slowly I'm falling asleep.

.............................................................
Its dark. I can hear him. His laughing. Am I at the mall? I look around and see the empty seats surround the hall. It's the cinema where he first expose himself. I run to where the door is. It's locked. I tried all the doors, no hope. Suddenly, the screen plays a video. It's me running around the mall. Did he record me that time? His laughter become louder. It's too dark and I could almost feel his hand trying to get me.
.............................................................

"Rey! You're safe here, wake up!"
Benji shakes my shoulder, he even tried to get me up, sitting on the bed. But I'm still shouting in my sleeps. Then, I could feel a warm hand on both my cheeks, and something touches forehead. I open my eyes to him, so close to me.
"Rey, are you okay? You had a nightmare..." Benji sighed.
"I.. I dreamt of that..cinema...he.. He put a video of me running around and pics of me on the screen... It was dark, and I could feel his hand when I close my eye..." I close my ears with my hand. He lean in to hug me. Since he's tall, even when he sit, my head would be near his shoulder.
"Let's get you a warm drink okay? Don't cry, okay?" he suggested. I nodded and he proceed to carry me down to the kitchen.
Alex is there, he's writing things in his laptop, probably assignments since he's in university now. He look at me in my worst state, worse than yesterday. He look over the clock, it's 4am.
"What happened?" he asked, his voice is slow.
"Just here to get some hot drink. Still writing?" Benji replied while putting me on a chair. He then grab a cup and pour some powder and milk.
"Yeah. You okay?" he look at me. Was that question directed to me? "I don't bite.." he look back to his laptop.
"I'm okay." I take the cup of hot cocoa Benji made. I put the cup close to my lip, not realising how hot it was.
"Argh!" the cup almost slipped my hand, luckily Alex caught it. The wasn't any spill.
"Sorry, I didn't warn you before giving it.." Benji wiped my mouth with a cold towel.
I shake my head, "No I wasn't patience, thanks for the drink anyway.."