Chapter 9

The doctor lead us into his room. He took off the bandage and check it. After a thorough examination, he said "It's almost better but don't go run off everywhere. Keep putting ice on it for 2 hours in the next 2 - 3 day." he lead Steve out of the room, Alex waits in the car while Benji accompany me to go back in. Right after, we all in the car.

"So where?" Steve asked.
"You guys pick, I'm okay." I smiled at him through the mirror. Benji nodded and whispered something to Steve.
Alex chuckled. Seems like they chose a place already.
"Rey, where this." Benji gave something in a plastic bag.
It's a safety harness.
"Am I a dog or you're too caring?" I asked him. Steve eyes widened, he smacked Benji's back. "Ouch!" Benji shouted.

"You don't trust me? Did you think I will run away?" I asked.
"No not like that, it's just... What if you're a bit far from us then the stalker took you?" Benji gave his reason. I nodded and wear it on one of my arm. "There, thank you. I won't stray far, might just hold both of your hands when walking." I showed him the harness. He sighed and nodded.

I understand his reason, it just embarrassing even though I'm wearing a different face right now. People won't notice me right? Steve parked his car right in front of a farm. We got out and he paid the fee.

"Welcome to my fiancé's fruits farm. Here you can pick any fruit you want, there's the basket. People can only come in through that gate so if any weirdo come, we'll know who. Go ahead, take a round or two. I'll be in that office. Ring me when you want to go home. " Steve points to where the baskets are, Benji excitedly took 2 and gave Alex one to hold.
" Give me one! " I try to take Benji's but he said" No, holds our hand. " he link arms with me. Alex shake his head." He can be a little childish. His the youngest. Sorry bout that." Alex hold out his hand and we're walking through the trees talking nonsense.

The basket slowly becoming full. Then both baskets can't fit anymore. All three of us become speechless.
"So... More or enough?" I asked.
"Let's call it a day, if you want more we can always come here or buy from the store." Alex walked in front and pull my arm.
We called Steve and went into the car first. Only to find an envelope on the windshield. Alex held my hand into the car as Benji opened the mysterious letter outside.
"Nice car, I would know where you take her." Benji close his mouth and shows the letter to Alex who use his hand to cover my eyes.

"Guys, what it's about? Is it me? Did he found me?" I shoot them with questions. Alex bites his nail, I had to hold it to stop him.
"Tell me, I have to know if its about me." I tug Benji's shirt. He open the door and got inside.
"I don't think he knew its you, but he followed this car." he said.
Soon after, Steve got in. Alex gave the letter to Steve, which make him starts to drive.
"Cover her. And act unbothered."
Steve gave his command.

The air was cold, send shiver down my spine. My outift doesn't really cover much, seeing me trembling, Alex took his jacket and put over my thighs. "I'm sorry.." I apologised. Its my fault if the stalker start to mess with them. "You did nothing wrong, it's just..we couldn't catch him yet, and I'm frustrated that we left him to the police." Steve grips the steering wheel tighter.

"We're home. Go inside immediately. Don't go to the swings either. I bet he doesn't know our family." Steve slaps the steering wheel. I flinched to the sounds. I hardly see him that mad even though he's always sour. "I'm sorry." I shake my head and apologise again before going straight into my room.

"Rey, you know it's not your fault." Both of them followed me.
"But it is, he will start pestering you guys, he will send more and more photos, your privacies.. You're risking it.." I cover my face with a pillow, to bad the make up stained the perfectly white pillow. They take the pillow off.
"He sent you photos? To your phone? Since when?" Benji asked. I nodded and went to the vanity. Cottons are soaked with make up remover before wiped across my face. Now it's back to my own face.
"Can you go out for a sec? I'm changing." I take a towel and looked at them. They both flustered and rushed out. Although that's just an excuse, I strip the clothes off and sit inside the bath and turn the adjusted water. It's been 30 minutes since I soak myself but I don't plan on going out soon. My head feels heavy and the steam blurred everything.

After an hour of being in a daze, the phone rang. I get out of the bath and wrapped myself with a towel before reaching for the phone. Its Benji.
"Hey, you're okay?" he asked.
"Yeah, why?"
"Just wondering what you want for dinner."
"I'm not that hungry, I'll just have the fruits we picked. Go ahead and eat without me."
"You sure you're okay? Want me to accompany you tonight?"
"It's fine, I'll come out in a bit. Or you want me to make dinner?"
"No that's fine, we know you're tired. We'll order take out."
"Actually, I wanna cook. Tell me what you want later. CIAO" I ended the call. Ah he just want to ask about dinner.

I take a quick cold shower and dry myself. My own silk pajama I brought is ready to be worn. I wrapped my hair with the towel and let it rest on my head. The boys are ready to help except Steve, still in his own room, working.

"So, what you guys want?"
"I want soup kind but Benji wanted fried. How bout you choose?" Alex let me pick.
"Why not both? I'll make Japanese cuisine. Meanwhile, you guys can cut those fruits. I want apple, orange, pomegranate and...pour some orange juice on it." that's how we do dinner sometime. I would make them their hot meal while they prepare my cold snacks.

The shrimps are mixed with the batter while the noodles are boiling in the soup. Not long after, they have their "Shrimp tempura and miso soup. I prepared cold noodle for it. Eat well!" I take my fruit bowl and almost take my food outside.

"You remember what Steve said right? Anyways, thanks for the food, it smells amazing. I'm sure Steve will come down after the smells make it way up." Benji laughed. One minute later, Steve come down with his paper works. "Dumb - dumb, she will run away if she always have to baby you guys." Steve put his foods on a tray and put them in the living room, along with his paperwork. We just laughed and talked until everything is clean before saying goodnight.