home

Bucky felt like nothing without you. You had been gone for around 6 weeks now but it could be longer, Bucky lost count. You told him you would try stay in contact but the longer the mission went on the harder it got resulting in you losing all contact on week 4 which sent Bucky into panic mode.

Bucky now found it impossible to work. You were the one who convinced him to open the bakery, he named most of his treats after you so even in work you were always on his mind. When you weren't on a mission for a while you would get bored out of your mind so Bucky would let you work in the bakery, of course you refused to let him pay you.

Most days Bucky would head into the bakery, saying to himself how he kick back into action today but just ends up listening to your record player that you left in the bakery and sweeping the floors that already have been swept.

The bakery was never heavily busy. Bucky was set up in a small corner in Brooklyn. He had a few cake orders and couple of regulars who got to know you and Bucky very well. Because it was never very busy, Bucky set up a small couch in the back for you and him to relax when it was dead out on the streets. You filled it with pillows and blankets to keep it cozy and like home.

Bucky went into the bakery today, still dead. The shelf's were barely filled with old treats. He did his normal round of cleaning before switching on the record player and crashing down on the couch, curling into your pillow doused in your scent.

Bucky drifted off to sleep but was woken up by the sound of the door chime swinging open. "We're closed" he mumbled out harshly from his sleep. He didn't hear the door ring again, Bucky groaned and pulled the blanket off and stormed out "I said we're closed- honey!?"

"Hi puppy" You were standing by the counter in a fresh set of comfy clothes you got in the compound after cleaning up. Bucky froze in the doorway, tears prickling at his eyes and a sob coming up his throat. You held your hands out for him as he pace-fully walked around the counter and into your arms. He snuggled his head down into your shoulder as tears seeped through your shirt, his pudgy tummy squashed up against yours. "puppy what happened" you asked while stroking the back of his hair.

"Jus' missed you, that's all"

"well, i'm back now, that's what matters"

"m'yeah, any injuries honey?"

"just a stab to the ribs but Bruce checked me up, I'm all good baby"

"Ya sure?"

"Yeah baby"

You kissed at his neck causing him to giggle a little. You lifted from his shoulder and pressed your forehead against his. "Ooh- I have a present for you"

"Really!?"

"Yeah go sit on the couch and I'll bring it in"

Bucky wiped his nose and hastily went to the couch at the back, Bucky wasn't sure what to expect. There wasn't much time to buy presents on an undercover mission in Hungry. You came back to him with a little drawstring bag and handed it to him, sitting down on the couch beside him. Bucky pulled the strings and tipped the bag so the gift could fall out.

It was a little pinky ring, silver, simple. Bucky loved it but loved it even more when you pointed out that you had gotten "B + y/i" engraved on the inside of the band. Bucky slid the ring on as his eyes swelled up from tears of happiness. "I love it so much honey, thank you"

"Wait it gets better"

You took his hand and held it in the air and you picked up you and placed it beside his showing him that you had the same ring on your pinky "I love you barnes"