Chapter 6. Little... Confused

It felt nice to take my hair down and shake it out. I decided to keep the curls in, as I redressed in my jeans from earlier. I walked out to the main part of the studio waiting for Kaden to meet me. When Randall walked up, "I'm looking at the photos we took to determine which ones to edit for the magazine. I found this one and thought you'd like it." He says handing me a photo. It one of the first ones we took, where Kaden looked down on me and I was looking at the camera with a genuine smile on my lips. My eyes were shining, and I had laugh wrinkles along my eyes. "It looks like he is enchanted by you." Randall says walking away.

I look closer at Kaden in the photo, his eyes are lit up with adoration and lust. They sparkle as he looks down at me. He looks relaxed and lost in my looks completely. I smile to myself tucking the photo into my bag as Kaden walks up to me.

"What's on your mind?" He asks.

"A photo." I grin at him. "How long until we get the finished ones to choose from?"

" Tuesday Randall will bring them to the office to show us." He ancwers. " Are you ready for our date?"

I nod, taking his offered arm and walk out to his car with him. He holds the door open as I slide in. Again I'd forgotten to belt myself wrapped up in my own head, he'd reached across my chest before I'd realized my mistake. When I heard the click of the belt I felt his lips lightly graze my cheek. I blush as my breath catches in my chest.

"Sorry, Daddy, I forget."

He chuckles, "You forget its okay. I'll always make sure your secured. Your precious cargo." He said the last sentence with a hint of sadness. It makes me wonder what loss he had. I rack my brain, he was never married, a girlfriend maybe. It would explain why he wasn't wanting one. " On to the fun of the evening?" He asked the hint of sadness gone.

I nod in affirmation, " Bring on the fun!" I say with a giggle. I turn to look at Kaden to catch him looking at me from the corner of his eye, he quickly shifted to the road when he found out that he was caught.

" Where are we going?" I asked, dispite being in los Angeles for years I never got to explore because of focusing on my studies.

" We're going to the Griffith Observatory. It's got amazing views. And I reserved the telescope for this afternoon." He said with a grin.

"I've never been there." I admitted. He looked at me shocked.

" Your going to love it!" He says, driving along. I watched out the window taking in the sites as we drove.  It wasn't long before we hit the foot hills of California, I looked around excitement building as we pulled into a driveway leading to a building that looked like an Arabian palace. It had three domes on it, I assumed it's where the telescopes we're located. My eyes widen as I take in the simple yet elegant architecture of the building.

"Wow." Falls out before I could stop it.

He grins, "It's even more beautiful inside. And it looks like we're here just in time for my favorite activity here."

We walk into the lobby of the observatory to join the tour group. Everyone was looking at the photos on the walls I was looking at the beautiful painting on the ceiling. While listening to the host explain the history of the observatory.

"From 1935-2002, the Observatory provided southern Californians and visitors from around the world with chances to observe, to learn, and to be inspired. Griffith’s vision for the building was updated and enhanced when the Observatory was renovated and expanded from 2002-2006. Since reopening after renovation, the Observatory has reached increasingly larger audiences, both in-person, online, and through media and film. In 2020, the Observatory celebrated its 85th anniversary.[1]" she says with pride evident in her voice.