A Series of Unfortunate Events

You never wanted to hurt Yoongi, certainly not kill him, but it had to be done or else this beautiful man wouldn't be by your side now.

"Alright everyone spread out and make a wall, we'll work our way from here forward into the trees. Call out to Min Yoongi, if you find yourself separated from the group or encounter wildlife you need to scream 'red'-" The officer instructed his fellow policemen and the volunteers from school who'd come out to help.

You held Hoseok's hand the entire time everyone searched for the missing student. Rubbing circles into the back of his hand as he called out for his best friend, voice cracked and trembling.

You just had to hold out for a few more meters, you were getting closer and closer to the fallen tree holding his body. Only a few more meters until this was all over and they could mourn.

"Yoongi! Min Yoongi! Yoon-oh my god...Yoongi! Y-Yoongi!" He dropped your hand rushing forward, drawing everyone's attention.

You stood there shocked, pressing trembling hands to your mouth while tears burned your eyes, blurring the image before you as you sunk to the forest floor

"No, no, no Yoongi, man...no." Namjoon dug his fingers into his hair, pulling the sandy locks into his fists. Jimin wrapped his arms around his friend's waist to stop himself from falling to the ground in anguish, eyes puffy and bloodshot.

Namjoon draped an arm across the smaller man's shoulders to keep himself upright, the sight before them heartbreaking.

It broke your heart to see your normally bubbly and bright boyfriend absolutely shattered. Hoseok stumbled forward on unsteady legs babbling deliriously before falling to his knees before his best friend's body.

Yoongi was still impaled on the protruding spike of the fallen tree, body bloated and blood trailed from his mouth and nose soaking his shirt. There were bite and claw marks all over and chunks of flesh missing from where animals had come for a snack.

He looked disgustingly beautiful, perched delicately on the spike with his head down as if he was sleeping with the sun bouncing off his dark locks.

It really was a shame he had to die, but just like Mina, you couldn't find it within yourself to regret killing him. It felt too good.

After what you deemed was a successful performance, you stumbled your way to Hoseok and sat with him on the forest floor, rocking him as he wailed into the side of your neck.

There were no words.

Nothing could be said to lessen the blow their friend group had just taken. The police and volunteers stood quietly with their hats off and heads bowed respectfully as Yoongi's closest friends and yourself mourned.

*****************************************************

You ran your fingers through Hoseok's hair as he slept. It had taken quite a while before he was able to stand and even longer to convince him to leave Yoongi's body for the police.