Turning Over A New Leaf

You didn't have a funeral for your father, just sent his body off to be cremated and put into a gaudy little urn.

Hoseok had offered to go with you to the beach and scatter his ashes but you'd turned him down almost immediately. That asshole didn't deserve something so sentimental and beautiful.

You told him about how your mother died and why she had been absent from your life, opting to let him shed the tears you'd been unable to.

'I'm so so sorry baby. Just know she loved...loves you so much. I know she'd be so proud of the woman you've become, I know I am.'

Would she? You like to think she would.

You were shopping at the Lotte World shopping center for the day. Hoseok wouldn't stop ranting about the limited edition release of some sneakers he'd been wanting for a while.

 Hoseok wouldn't stop ranting about the limited edition release of some sneakers he'd been wanting for a while

After everything he'd been through, who were you to tell him no?

So here you were surrounded by families of crying children, nagging mothers, and clueless fathers as you walked towards the store selling your boyfriend's beloved shoes.

"Hello, welcome to Sneaker City! Can I help you find anything?" The store associate chirped, eyeing you up and down before deciding she was going to focus her attention on Hoseok. She wasn't the first girl, or person for that matter, who openly stared at him and while it was annoying you couldn't blame her.

With his hand clasped firmly around yours and sparkly eyes, Hoseok raved about the Air Maxims he was looking for.

You followed the associate who introduced herself as Nena and insisted you call her by her name across the store to stop in front of a wall displaying a myriad of colorful sneakers. You cringed at the bright neon streaks and reflective stripes.

It was a mystery to you why people chose to wear such obnoxious footwear, thankfully, the living breathing highlighter look worked for Hoseok who looked good in just about anything.

"I think these are the ones you're looking for, sir. What size do you need?" She breathed huskily, batting her eyelashes and tilting her head to expose more of her neck to your man.

Hoseok, none the wiser, ignored her to turn and beam at you in excitement drawing a small smile from you in return.

"They're nice right, duckie? I could wear them with that hat you bought me last month." You couldn't help how your smile grew when the girl's face fell after being ignored.

You hummed, patting his head affectionately, reveling in the sour look that twisted Nena's lips.

"He needs an 11, but if they run kind of big then a 10 and a half will do. Thanks." You didn't bother to look at her as you spoke, focused on running your fingers through Hoseok's buttery auburn locks instead.