Duckie

Yeri and her friend Wendy looked like typical Seoul women. Miraculously beautiful, well off, and disgustedly charming all at once. Giggly and shy seemed to also be at the top of the list of qualities.

 Giggly and shy seemed to also be at the top of the list of qualities

"Hi." Yeri whispered, googly eyes glued to Jimin's handsome face that sported his signature smirk.

"Hi." He whispered back.

You were all watching with a mixture of disgust and indifference, used to the Jimin effect.

"Well since she's not going to introduce me, hello! My name is Wendy, nice to meet you." You were pleasantly surprised at her boldness. Her friend blushed and slapped a hand to her cheek embarrassed.

Wendy looked everyone over, eyes fluttering to where Hoseok had his fingers locked with yours. Before her eyes settled, almost predatorily on Namjoon, smiling coyly as extended her hand.

"You must be Namjoon, my date." Oh you liked this Wendy girl.

He smiled, all tight lipped and shy. It was weird to see the sage-like man flustered. He always seemed so put together and calm.

"Uh, yea. I guess that's me, Namjoon. Nice to meet you." He answered, taking her hand softly in his and shaking it.

"Great, nice to meet you ladies. I'm Hoseok and this is my radiant girlfriend, Y/N. Are we ready to go in?" Your boyfriend cut through the sexual tension, eager to go play some game and show off his skills.

"Yea, let's go so I can win this pretty lady some prizes." Jimin mumbled, an arm slung around his blushing date's shoulders.

Maybe it was because you'd been friends for years before dating or it just wasn't a part of your relationship dynamic. That sickeningly sweet dopey look people always get in their eyes when they look at their person.

When you looked at Hoseok you felt warm, like coming home to a warm house from the cold outside.

Not giddy and airy like you'd had too much sugar. Was that normal? Did it bother him?

He still hadn't told you what happened earlier after his conversation with his coworker. The look on his face meant it hadn't been anything good and you were trying hard not to show how much the need to know was eating at you.

Maybe he didn't think it was important to tell you.

But keeping a secret wasn't something you did with each other. You were honest and open, always. Was he falling out of love?

Did he know about Lim?

"So what do you wanna play first, baby?" He asked you, the bright lights of the arcade games added a colorful glow to his flawless skin. Hair perfectly styled and looking so damn soft with a few stray strands running across his forehead.