This is Our Little Secret

You jumped, the shrill sound of the electronic bell chiming in the dead silence of the shop had you scampering to close the lid and shove your most prized possession back into its hiding place.

"Noona, it's me Chim." What the hell was Jimin doing here?

Did Hoseok send him? But you'd just got off the phone with Namjoon, how did he have...he was following you.

"Noona?" He called again. Footsteps timid as you could hear him getting closer and closer to the front counter. "Did Hobi send you?" You mumble, tears blurring your eyes as you reach for the counter to pull yourself up.

"No...yes...well, I offered to trail behind you so he wouldn't worry. Make sure you were safe while you went for your walk." Maybe it was the quiet of the store or maybe it was your sniffles that made him tamper his voice down to a whisper.

"Look Y/N—"

"It wasn't what it looked like," you bleat, knowing what he saw and probably thought. He's so close to the edge of the counter you back away a little to put some space between you two.

Jimin's got that easy smile on his face, soft at the corners with a hint of dimples. It's the same one he wore that one night you thought Hoseok called you fat when you were trying on new clothes and you'd stormed out of his dorm.

He didn't seem surprised or annoyed when you tapped on his door.

"He comes in all the time for wagyu, his name is San." You sniffle some more, fat fake tears rolling down your cheeks as you stare at one of Hoseok's closest friends.

That easy smile is the same one that was on his face when he made Mark Tuan almost cry after he thought he could harass you into sleeping with him.

"I-I didn't mean to make such a scene about Hobi's new hair. It just–I was just caught off guard and work's been kinda stressful and I–" Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.
Why did he have to care so much and follow you?

You didn't want to do it, the guilt from last time still hadn't left you. There were times where you could see bright red hair in the corner of your eye.

Jimin walked around that counter, pulling you up by the shoulder from where you'd been hunched over the counter and into his arms, a tight hug holding you firmly in place as you let out a muffled cry.

"Shhh, Y/N, please don't cry. It's ok, I don't think anything like that. I was just worried about you, and I'm glad you're safe, ok? It's okay." He reassured you.

It was a decent and feasible enough excuse as to why you looked so friendly and comfortable.

"I would–I'd never Jimin, I love Hobi! I would never..." You cried, letting him hold you as you breathed a sigh of relief through the tears.

Jimin believed you.

*****************************************************

"Why'd you lie to Namjoon?"