Something Hiding Between the Smoke & Mirrors

"Hey man wassup? I was just–wait, what?"

"Slow down, slow down Hobi, I can't understand what you're–ok, ok just breathe man, breathe."

"Ya, Hobi-ah! Breath, yea in...and out, good that's good. Ok now talk to me, what's wrong?"

"Where is she? Did you try to call–ok, ok everything's gonna be ok, man. Who?"

"What? Why would–why would she say that? Ok, we'll figure this out. Where are you? I'll go find Jimin and call you back, ok? Just breathe man, we'll figure this out."

Namjoon is shutting down his computer and throwing stuff into his briefcase as he's hanging up, barely ending the call before yanking the door to his office open.

It's been a weird couple of months for you guys, but he assumed it was bound to happen eventually.

Everybody hits a rough patch when you've been together as long as you and Hoseok had been, not to mention you were already attached at the hip as best friends before dating.

But the way you freaked out over your boyfriend's blonde hair and your blatant lies about the night Yoongi died, it didn't make any sense. Now this, what the fuck was going on with you?

"She kept saying he had to learn like Yoongi did, what the fuck does that even mean Joon? Why is she acting like this? I-I don't understand!"

Who were you protecting? And why? Why wouldn't you want to put everyone's mind at ease if you knew something about Yoongi's death?

"Y/N what he fuck is going on?"

His thoughts are all over the place trying to piece together what Hoseok told him, you told him, and what he already knows.

That's why he doesn't see or hear Jimin calling his name until he almost runs him over.

"Jeez, I know I'm not the tallest but shit." He quips, smoothing over the invisible wrinkles in his button-up. Namjoon's eyes are wild and spacey, a clear sign of distress or confusion, both emotions that put the younger man on high alert.

"Right, yea...um, sorry about that." Namjoon breathes, hands running over his neck as he stares off into space.

"Are you okay?" Jimin asks, head bobbing to make eye contact with the gentle giant in front of him. It's only when he squeezes his shoulder that Namjoon bounces back.

"Hobi called...about Y/N. He said she was mumbling something about Yoongi and fixing something...um, something about learning a lesson." He's trying to remember exactly what his best friend said, he was so frantic and all over the place it was hard to keep up.

"She left, took the car, ditched her phone and left. Hoseok said he doesn't know where she went."

"What the fuck? What do you–she ditched her phone? Did he say why?"