Letters

Sans turned twenty, the war continued to escalate. Sans felt utterly hopeless if he wasn't busy writing Asgore or fighting on the frontlines. Talking to the young King became a daily occurrence for him after that first letter. If it was anything concerning the Royal Army, he'd hand it off to the General, otherwise he'd answer anything else himself. Sometimes the young King would ask advice from him. He was no advisor, but he responded anyway with the best thing he could think of. It seemed to help Asgore some, though he wished that Asgore's replies could help him through the never-ending pit of guilt and despair he seemed to have fallen into. Not even Wingdings could pull him out of this, the war had really taken its toll on the young adult. Sans would never forget.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"To the Protector of Monsters, The Judge.

Howdy Judge,

Thank you for informing me of my father's passing, he will be greatly missed by the entire kingdom and myself. Please do not refer to yourself as my servant, I prefer to call you a friend to the crown. You're doing your people a wonderful act by fighting so selflessly on the frontlines. I must ask, am I needed on the frontlines? I wish to help my people in any way possible.

Your New King, Asgore Dreemurr"

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"To the King of All Monsters, Asgore Dreemurr.

Hello My King,

Apologies Your Majesty, I will refrain from such wording again. If a friend is what you need, I will be your friend. The best thing you can do for your people right now is live. Your soldiers have the frontlines covered, so please direct us from your location there and more importantly, take the time to grieve for your father. Trust me when I say it will help in the long-term.

Your friend, The Judge"

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"To the Protector of Monsters, The Judge.

Greetings and Salutations Judge,

It is quite alright, new friend, though if we are going to be friends, I would like to know your real name? I will heed your advice and assist here. I will also grieve... but if there is anything you need from me, I will supply it. That is what friends do, no?

Your friend, King Asgore Dreemurr"

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"To the King of All Monsters, Asgore Dreemurr.

Hey Asgore,

I'm sorry, but I cannot disclose that information for the safety of my friends and family here on the frontlines. Perhaps if we ever meet in person, I can give you my name, but for now please continue to refer to me as The Judge. All civilian peoples who cannot fight the war are being sent to your location by order of the General Hammer of Justice, I hope this is fine by you. The Royal Army is in need of food and medicine, along with a few weapons. If that could be delivered as soon as possible, that would help greatly.

Your friend, The Judge"

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"To the Protector of Monsters, The Judge.

Hello again,

I understand your reasoning. I hope that one day we can meet in person and get to know each other better as friends. We could sit down with some Golden Flower Tea and a piece of my fiancée's amazing pie. It believe the General has made a wise decision and will prepare for their arrival. I will gather and ship out supplies for the Royal Army immediately, thank you for informing me of this issue.

Your friend, Asgore Dreemurr"

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"To the King of All Monsters, Asgore Dreemurr.

Congratulations,

I'm glad to hear you have a fiancée. I do hope you both get along well and there is something to your relationship. I know how negative the consequences can be if the love is one sided or even nonexistent. Maybe one day you can introduce her to me. Thank you for the supplies, we got it yesterday. Many monsters are relieved, myself included.

Your friend, The Judge"

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"To the Protector of Monsters, The Judge.

Thank you my friend,

Yes, I've been telling her of you. She is excited to meet you, Judge. She hopes that this war will end soon, and I must say that I have to agree with her. I wish for this violence to end. I understand that monster was way out of line, absorbing those human souls, my father apologized and even tried to compensate for the family's who lost their loved ones. I only wish the humans hadn't overreacted.. but I digress. My fiancée and I are quite happy together and we received those civilian yesterday as well. Toriel, my fiancée, is assisting them as we speak. I hope that you introduce me to your family and friends on the frontlines when this is over.

Your friend, Asgore"

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"To the King of All Monsters, Asgore Dreemurr.

Sir,

I ask that you not disclose the names of loved ones in these letters. If the enemy were to get their hands on these instead, your fiancée could be in grave danger. As much as I want the war to end myself, I can't say whether I will make it out alive or not. This is the frontlines, Asgore. Humans are ruthless creatures. If I do make it out alive, I will introduce you.

Until then, The Judge"

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Sans leaned back as the final letter was sent out. He yawned tiredly, pinching his nasal cavity. Sometimes he forgot that the King was still a kid. Well, a teenager and almost an adult, but still. He had a lot to learn. Sans stretched and stood up, with the intention of training, only for Wingdings to halt him and put a hand on his shoulder as he signed with the other. "You should rest." Sans shook his head with a smile. "i'm good dings, but thanks." Sans removed his hand and continued on his way, taking Retribution with him. "We need to do something, Grillbz, Sans can't continue like this.." Wingdings mumbled worriedly. "I can't help but wonder, did you ever return to Allhalla and give your people a proper send off?" Wingdings looked at Grillby, the idea of what Grillby was saying sparking into his own mind.