Returned to Earth

Sans was there, when the barrier had went up. He, Wingdings, and Papyrus were hoping, waiting for Grillby to be with them. Gerson was, there were a few others from the Army. "Grillby!!!" Wingdings ran to his lover as they embraced. They whispered sweet nothings to each other while Sans stared out at the entrance, seven humans were there, staring in with glowing eyes. Green, yellow, orange, blue, cyan, purple, and red. Their was a murmur that Sans couldn't hear, but he could feel it. The raw power and magic that they were using. Sans stepped back as it increased and their souls started to glow in their chests. Sans looked away as it got to bright, the earth seemed to shake beneath him, the air hummed with raw power, then.
.
.
.
Silence.
Sans looked at the entrance, but it was blocked with rubble. They were trapped inside of their temporary headquarters. Sans blinked, the prophecy coming back to him in an instant.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"Many humans started to fear us for no reason. Some monsters as well. We were cast out of society where Tine Fraktur brought us here and started Allhalla." The next images showed the Skeletons being shunned by the humans and monsters, and Skeletons making a journey. The start of Allhalla was no more than a few carved out shacks. "Over the years Allhalla expanded into the home we know today and prosper as it continues to expand." The image showed Skeletons building the wall of Allhalla, houses, farms, and other such necessities in the background of the partially built wall. "But... the Tine Fraktur foretold of a great danger. He feared that the species that cast us out will fight each other." The image depicted humans and monsters killing each other, the next image was... was of Skeletons being slaughtered by the humans. "We will be dragged in..." Allhalla was burning... "And those who remain will join the monsters in exhile back into the earth." Humans chasing the monsters back into a dark hole. Sans shivered, holding his arms in a form of comfort. "But that's not where the prophecy ends." The Allhallan doors were closed, showing a familiar symbol. A circle with three triangles below it and a wing on either side. The deltarune. "The prophecy foretells of an angel from the surface will free us from the earth and bring us back home."

⚜️⚜️⚜️

The others went home as the other monsters started to panic. Papyrus had started to cry, confused by the loud noises and chaos. Sans bounced him as they walked along, summoning small bones for the child to distract himself with. "You both seem oddly calm about being trapped under the mountain." Grillby noted. Sans couldn't sign with Papyrus in his arms, unfortunately, but Gaster could go to Grillby for Sans response. "well when you grow up with a prophecy saying that you're going to get 'returned to the earth' you kinda mentally prepare yourself for it. 'sides, the surface angel will come eventually, right? we just have to wait until then." Sans didn't want to go back anyway. He never met a good human and he wasn't sure he ever would. Sure he'd miss the surface, but at least this way they were safe from the war, safe from the human army, and safe from losing anyone else. The only problem would probably be space. Was their enough space down here for the remains of monster civilization? Only time and exploration of the cave systems would tell. "Oh... that must've been scary for you to hear about." Sans shrugged. "it was."

⚜️⚜️⚜️

It was taking time, everyone getting used to the darkness. Sans sense of time, just like everyone else's, was screwed. Sleep came and went whenever he did sleep. Keeping Papyrus on a consistent schedule was difficult due to the darkness. The adjustment was difficult, but Asgore still had high hopes that they could make something out of this. They decided to plan their wedding despite everything and the Skeletons were their to help. Sans had made a promise to Relegore, after all. "My, who is this little one?" Toriel had gushed over Papyrus the first time they met for wedding planning. "this is papyrus, my little bro." Papyrus babbled loudly, grabbing at Toriel's soft fur in wonder. "and i'm sans." He held a hand out for her to shake. "It's nice to meet you both!" Toriel chirped. "I see you've met my fiancée." Asgore said as he came in with a fire burning in his paw. "OOOOOOO!!!!" Papyrus was immediately intrigued by it and tried to reach for it, but Sans didn't let him get far. "well i figure if my family is gonna help you, i should know the future queen." Sans mused. "wingdings and grillby should be here soon, by the way."

⚜️⚜️⚜️

The wedding went smoothly. Wingdings had been trying to modify some seeds that some farmers had had on them so that there could be a stable food source in the darkness. There were many types of flower seeds as well, and even some trees. For now though, he simply worked on the food seeds. "I've almost got it, I'm sure... the Skeleton grumbled. Sans never really knew Wingdings as a scientist, but this was a welcome discovery as when Grillby was playing with Papyrus, Sans stayed with Wingdings to learn the field himself. He was intrigued just as Wingdings had been all those years ago. So naturally he taught Sans the way that his mentor, Dr. Rosher, had taught him. These days the doctor's studies were known as biology now. It was unfortunate his research was never used. Sans tapped his shoulder. "you're spacing out again." Wingdings grinned. "Sorry, I was thinking of fond memories." Wingdings apologized to which Sans shook his head. He didn't have to apologize. "think you got it yet?" Wingdings turned back to the seeds. "Perhaps a few more modifications."