New Hope

After directing all letters to be sent to Gerson, Sans, Wingdings, and even Grillby started the long trek to Allhalla. Grillby would be the first outsider to see their ancestral home. No matter how far they were from Allhalla, they would always know where to go, the coordinates ingrained into their very souls. "How do you know we are on the right track, day and night?" Wingdings, who was less drawn to Allhalla due to his history with the place, shrugged and looked to Sans who'd been leading since day one of their travel. "i just do. i know that allhalla is northeast, it's located right in between ursus major and ursus minor." Sans pointed out the two constellations. "I wasn't aware you knew of the star systems, Sans?" Wingdings commented. "... it's a hobby i picked up on the late nights, when i couldn't sleep." Sans loved the stars. He loved the peace and serenity they brought. "my guess is about two and a half more weeks til we get there if we keep our breaks brief." The older Skeleton and the Fire Elemental both nodded, though they highly doubted they'd keep breaks brief, plus there were humans to avoid.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

All in all it took three months, with lots of factors going into play from human ambushes to natural phenomenon like high wind thunderstorms, mother nature wasn't making things easy for the three. The sun was bright against the black wall of Allhalla's great wall, probably the only thing that remained standing. They knew the main building certainly wasn't, that had stood taller than the wall. Sans gulped, feeling shaky and scared. Wingdings put a hand on his shoulder. "Take your time, Papyma." Sans nodded, taking a few deep breaths to try and calm himself before finally stepping inside the wall. Hardly anything remained. Buildings still standing looked as if they were burnt from the inside out. Most buildings were nothing but great piles of ash. The grass had grown long and wild with time, any traces of dust had been swept away over the years. "it's really gone.." Sans voice cracked as tears flowed freely. "Take your time, this is supposed to be closure.." Wingdings and Grillby had their own closure to go through... Amiri... wasn't coming back.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Wingdings and Grillby separated from Sans so they could make a hiwyn, which was an alter of sorts, for Amiri. Usually the Allhallan's had a specific spot a little less than a mile out where there was hundreds of hiwyn's from all their ancestors, but their dust was already here. Already spread. With the help of his Blasters, Sans made a single Hiwyn for every Skeleton he could think of. His father, Seema Spectral, his Uhama, his mentors.. he then spread a fistful of cold, white ash since there was no dust that he could spread. "i'm so sorry... i should've helped... i should've been here that day.." Sans murmured as he hiccuped and sobbed. "i will spead the rest of my life trying to make up for it.." Then something wailed. Sans first instinct was to go for Retribution. But as the wailing continued, he realized that... it sounded like a baby's cry. Sans was quick to follow the sound to what he recognized as the Nursery. The most in tact building despite the blackened wood. He took a cautious step inside, looking around. The dust was recent, as was the dress that covered whatever squirmed and cried underneath. Sans carefully removed the dress to see that it really was a baby... and not just any baby. It was a Skeleton baby.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Sans eyelights disappeared as he carefully took the crying child in his arms, shushing him and rocking him. "hey, hey, it's ok little buddy, you're ok.." Sans couldn't even begin to comprehend what this little boy had been through. He had to easily be less than a year old- which meant some of the clan was still out there. Allhalla wasn't gone. Sans pulled the baby closer as that thought solidified in his mind. They were in hiding, trying desperately to survive this war torn country. How many were left? Should Sans go to find them or was it a lost cause? "Papyma!" Sans snapped out of his thoughts, turning to Grillby and Wingdings who's 'eyes' were on the baby. "i just... found him here. alone, his mom is dust.." Wingdings could hardly believe it himself. "A living Skeleton child.." Sans looked down at him. He was fast asleep now, a wide smile present on his teeth, making Sans soul soar. How long had it been since he felt this..? Since he had hope for the future? "Will you be taking him then?" Grillby asked.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"i can't just leave him here to die." Sans replied quickly. "the only problem is i'm not sexual mature yet, i can't provide him the magic he needs." Sans explained. "We will help you with that, Sans... so what will you name your new brother?" Sans looked slightly taken aback, but he preferred brother over father so it was something he could get used to. "i dunno yet... just give me...." Sans trailed off as he saw the faded carving of two words above the Nursery's doorway. Papyri, Papyrus. New Life, New Hope. He knew EXACTLY  what he was going to name this child. "papyrus." Wingdings froze as Sans smiled at the newly named Skeleton. Sans' New Hope. "It is a good name, I believe it will fit him well." Wingdings agreed. "it already does. he's gonna do great things, dings, i can already tell." Wingdings chuckled. "The Great Papyrus has a nice ring." Grillby commented with a smile. "yeah it does. we should set up a hiwyn for her and get papyrus outta here, he's probably been through more than enough." Wingdings and Grillby couldn't agree enough on that.