PROLOGUE

I woke up the next morning to that same glimpse of the sun in the sky, which itself bewitched me. And upon having a glimpse of it, I realized that if I'd have to exemplify his heart that I once had, I would describe it like the soul of a summer sun—one which caresses my cosmos on just the tips of his fingers.

There I realize that if he dares to ask me to characterize our connection, I'd characterize everything in such a sense where the stars would harmonize pretty much every time our eyes meet. If he wants me to keep him warm, then I'd surround him with all of my warmth, having left only his lips to sing the melodies of my fondness towards him. This is perhaps a connection in which, if I could take him back to existence, I would remove the fantasies which have kept him enslaved and would be seeking for metallic shears to break the chains across his soul. It's a connection in which I could perhaps be chasing him not because of his fortune or popularity but because of the moments where skies glow breathtaking crystal azures whenever he whispers my name. A love where I'd paint the crescent moon in the evening sky with the shades of him and waltz beneath the moonlight of its majesty.

Yet I won't because I'm just a shattered glass sliding through his warm hands, bruising it.

But if I were given the chance to convey him my honest words, I would remind him how unbounded he is; that he must lengthen his arms till his blood flows frigid and run till his feet's soles are just no longer existent. I'd encourage him to enjoy the life I never could experience—to refuse to accept the flashes of crimson in the corners of his eyes, for these say a word of a moment that no longer exists.

Then again, if I had to name him, my anonymous soulmate, I wouldn't even need a long list of perfectly crafted words; all I'd need is a single word: LOVE.

"Again, Deidamia, you're weeping while sleeping."

Hearing that voice jolted me awake. My friend Ophelia was seated on the side of my bed when I opened my eyes.

She seemed apprehensive, but I just chuckled and blinked a couple of times.

"I just had another vision about it. I guess it will happen very soon, Ophelia." I reminded her.

I'm aware that my time is running out. Even if I didn't wish it to happen, I couldn't alter what was already inscribed in the book of fate—I was bound to perish in trade for the salvation of all realms.

"Did you tell Drefan about it?" Ophelia replied, anxious, "He deserves to know Deidamia."

Following a brief glance at her, tears streamed down my face.

"You do realize I couldn't tell him, do you? He will undoubtedly find the means to stop me. Worse, he might put his life on the line for me." I spoke.

"You realize too that he will be devastated knowing you'll abandon him in this world, right? He cherishes you more than himself, Deidamia." Ophelia reasoned, but my decision has already been made.

"I'd rather see him simply hate me than see him perish because of me." I replied.

She frowned and gave me a nod. She grasped my hands tightly.

"Deidamia, make a promise to me that we will see each other again." She replied, smiling while fighting back tears.

"Ophelia, we'll cross paths again. I'll make sure of it." I remarked, smiling.

She shifted her stance and stooped to embrace me tightly.

From when I was a child, Ophelia has been my companion. None of the others went near me because they were afraid of who I am, but Ophelia remained by my side.