14; show me

••••

••••

14 | show me |
Song; Better than this - Khalid

Ngl, I was joking around in this chapter so if you catch it lmk

Closing shift was quite slow, barely anybody had came in and almost no sales were coming in either. But it was only the beginning of Renayas shift so she assumed it was just going to be for a little bit. Usually it was a little slow when she first comes in.

Renaya didn't know if she liked it busy or slow, she didn't like doing nothing all day but at the same time she didn't necessarily have much experience on multitasking during a rush.

It was a bit hard to get used to when there was so much demand and she was a very awkward- I don't know what to say- type of girl.

"Everything okay? You look a little down there."

Lena walks past Renaya with a large box in her hands, her tiny body practically being hidden away from it. With a huff, Lena places it onto the counter next to Renaya.

"Do you mind restocking the cups? I have to make a run." Lena asks politely.

Renaya nods, "Is Tommy still coming in?"

"Oh, Tommy actually called off- something about a fever."

Hearing that, Renaya was actually kind of sad about it. Tommy was a pretty cool kid. On their shifts together, he'd usually be the entertainer. Sometimes he'd connect his phone to the speaker that Lena had purchased for the store and show her a couple of songs.

Sometimes he'd sneak some chocolate muffins and they'd eat it in the break room, all while crack jokes the whole time.

Lena gives her a soft reassuring smile.

"But, I got Jeongguk to cover his shift so you won't be in the front alone."

She says this a proud tone as she picks up her keys that was next to the coffee machine.

"Well, he should be here any minute. I shouldn't be that long honey." She reassured her again, "I'm off."

Renaya smiles once more in her direction, silently watching her leave out of the building as she stacks the cups next to the coffee machine where Lena just was.

As she does as she was told, neatly putting everything away into their spots for restock, Renaya thinks to herself.

She was going to be here with Jeongguk by herself. Now, usually she didn't exactly have a problem with being around him considering she actually fancied him a bit. It was just that she be with him by herself.

How should she act when he walks in? Should she greet him? Or would it be better to hide in the bathroom for the first half hour of him being there?

Of course she knew it wasn't best to do that. It probably wasn't nice to avoid him.