17; hurt

17 | hurt |

                    Into it - Chase Atlantic

The sound of the door opening was cringe worthy, the high squeal of it due to it being a old door caused both Renaya and Carmen to slightly wince.

"Sheesh." Carmen covered her right ear that was ringing due to the sound.

"I know, it's old." Renaya sighs in response. "Besides that, this is my place!"

Honestly, it was quite refreshing sharing this with someone other than her parents. She loved them for sure, but, it was time to be able to hang out with someone closer to her age. Someone who shares the same point of view.

Carmen looks around with a small smile on her face, taking the whole comfy home in. It was cute and simple but it fit her new found friend very well.

"I like it, it's nice Ren." She gives her the compliment before plopping onto her couch. Which if slightly sank in but it was pretty satisfying and comfortable. In front of her was a cute little coffee table and flat screen tv that had SpongeBob displayed, except there wasn't any sound on.

Carmen came from pretty wealthy parents so it felt weird that she was in her home which probably wasn't up to par for her regular standards, considering that she lived in a big fancy home with perfect everything. Renaya slightly felt insecure since she didn't have the perfect place.

She carefully set next to her, holding a panda pillow onto her lap as she curled her legs up into her chest. "It's not all that but-."

Carmen cuts her off, "Don't worry, I already love it here. Feels like a home." She smiles at Renaya with reassurance before looking back at the tv.

"So, are we watching SpongeBob or what?"

Renaya stares at the side of her new friends face with a small smile before going to turn the mute button off, the sound was replaced with SpongeBob and Patrick's obnoxious giggling as they messed with squidward. Both girls giggled along at the goofy characters as they enjoyed each other's presence.

ᶠYͧoͨᵏu

Jeongguk reached for his pack of cigarettes, already feeling the itch in his throat before even inhaling. Although the consequences were endless, he still takes the risk due to sickly habits.

He doesn't care anyways.

He taps the box against his palm, hitting it over and over again just before taking the wrapper off and tosses it in the big trash can on his front porch.  Although it was really cold outside, he didn't want to smoke in the house since he'd feel a little stuffy so instead he goes to sit down on the railing as he lit up his cigarette.

"Fuck, it's cold." Jeongguk cursed after exhaling the smoke, he shivers because of the sharp wind harshly smacking against his now red cheeks. It felt like needles.

But atlas, he still stands there but with slight regret since he was freezing. This was why he wished he could stop smoking, his fingers felt almost numb and his face was so flushed. At this point he could swear that he felt his balls shrivel up.

"You good there man?" Someone laughs from the sidewalk.

Jeongguk pulls his beanie down on his forehead before looking at who had spoken to him.