15; violent

15 | violent | 🖤

                                          •••

Later in the day the store began to become slower and slower as the hours passed by. It was near sundown and Renaya was extremely tired after working in a rush they got.

They were lucky that they didn't run out of too much items too quick because it was just Jeongguk, Lena and herself and they didn't have enough time to bake and get through the sea of customers.

Before everyone came in, Jeongguk was able to finish about one rack of each item meanwhile Renaya kept the coffee flavoring restocked upfront.

Throughout the day Renaya tried to stay positive but there was a couple of order mix ups and some people became jerks to her causing her to feel some type of way about it. She wasn't used to strangers being angry with her, it definitely didn't help the deep feeling in her chest.

But she did try to keep a light heart about it and didn't drop the smile from her face.

At some point she went to take a break when Lena was actually able to take over the lobby when she wasn't busy. And when she did, the memories of each and every customer ran through her mind as she tried to learn from her mistakes.

What she didn't notice was as she was walking away, Jeongguk stood near the doorway where he could hear any of her conversations up at the front.

He was turned in the opposite direction which was probably why Renaya was able to walk past him so easily.

Jeongguk had heard when those men out there had caught an attitude with her, the way they belittled her in the smallest form still angered him. Something about the way that man hinted that she was slow made him want to go out there and beat the shit out of him.

In the midst of the man talking down to her, he was able to get a good look at him within the corner of his eye. He looked like a bitch.

No matter how much he wanted to, Jeongguk decided it was best to hold back. Just so he wouldn't scare her, he didn't want Renaya to see how dangerous he could be.

That side of him wasn't for her eyes. He knew that.

So, he roughly pushed the dough onto the pan causing it to be a bit flatter than it was supposed to. But he didn't notice in that moment, his eyes were trained on his hands but all he was focused on was the sound of Renayas soft voice, trying her best to make that man happy.

Fuck him, fuck his order.

He shouldn't have made you feel uncomfortable.

Fuck him. And fuc-

Was that a sniffle?

Jeongguk perks up in attention once he hears her walk past. Her footsteps were light but he was still able to catch her glide past him and into the small break room.

Right as she made her way there, Jeongguk put the last batch of the night into the oven before slipping off his gloves, carelessly tossing them into the trash.

In his mind he thought he could help. Even though he was terrible with talking with others about his or anyone else emotions, he wanted to let her know that everything will be alright.

So, he slowly makes his way to the same place as Renaya. Immediately noticing her sitting at the table which only had two chairs across from each other. Jeongguk quickly shoves his tatted hands into his pant pockets before taking slow strides inside.

Renaya looks up when she feels his presence, her hand swiped at her cheek before giving him a slight smile. As if she wasn't going to cry.

But he wasn't blind. Jeongguk could see the way those tears brimmed around her eyes by a tiny bit, her cheeks were slightly reddened.