16; friend

Jenna Ortega as Carmen

The church was full as usual. While the older ladies decided to sit down at the front of the church to speak, everyone stood among each other as they greeted one another. Again, Renaya was forced to come along on her day off- it wasn't even hard to hide away this time.

Renaya was actually able to make it to the bathroom, she told her mother that she had womanly issues to deal with and Renaya was off.

At this point she was debating on staying in there the whole time but she knew that her mom would complain about her missing.

She was just hoping that she could escape the beginning at least- Renaya really didn't want to talk to Diana at the moment.

Renaya rested her head against the wall with a loud sigh, her eyes closed as she rested as much as she could. This morning was tiring and more stressful than needed and all she wanted to do was go back in her comfortable bed on her day off. She was happy that she didn't have to be at work but Renaya would feel better if she didn't have to do anything.

All week it had been busy for her and she thought it would be a pretty good excuse to skip church.

But that wasn't an option for her mom.

"Are you good?"

A voice echoes through the small bathroom causing Renaya to snap her eyes back open. No wonder it sounded so familiar. Carmen stood stood before her with a slight concerned look on her face.

Renaya slowly pulled herself off of the wall as she nodded. But she doesn't leave the bathroom just yet. Just because she was here doesn't mean Renaya won't do what she originally planned.

"I'm okay."

Carmen didn't look too convinced but she doesn't say anything more than that, instead heading for the stall after giving her a small smile.

It was weird seeing Carmen these days, although she was pretty small already, her appearance wasn't doing all too good.

Renaya wasn't the type to make notice of peoples bodies but she just seemed unhealthily small. It kind of frightened her that she looked so.... Dead.

Back then, she was always glowing. With healthy skin and she even looked happy but now that she saw her again, she looked the opposite.

Carmen had these dark circles under her eyes and her already sharp cheek bones were even sharper with the way her cheeks started to sink in. And then she had bruises on her arms which were deeply concerning.

Renaya was worried.

Renaya leans her head against the wall, the butterfly clip in her hair not exactly letting her rest it completely.