Stressful day

The front door finally came open, and groaning heavily, the red headed Team Magma leader came through the door and accidentally slammed it shut.

"H-hey! Babe!" Archie came running to him, then he had his arms around him in a hug. "How was today? Ye look exhausted.."

"I AM exhausted..." Maxie replied. "My back is killing me... and so are my feet.." He made an attempt to stretch but he winced and held his shoulder. "I'm a mess right now.."

Archie snaps his fingers. "Oh, Max. I've got a great idea-"

"-oh god.."

*pout* "Will ye at least let me tell ye me idea before ye start assuming it's a bad idea?"

"Alright, what is it?"

Archie grinned. "I'll do what Matt does when me back isn't feeling right. Now, go lay down on the floor."

"...uh, what..?"

"Ye heard me! This'll work, I promise ye! Now, go get cleaned up and I'll give it a try."

Maxie didn't trust this one bit. Any idea that comes from Archie's head is a guarantee either a plan that'll get him hurt, or worse.. embarrassed.

One he was finished, he came out and saw his husband signaling him to the floor.

"Archie.. if this ends up breaking my back... I'm going to knock you into next month."

"Just trust me, Max! Matt has done this millions of times for me, and me back isn't broken! so it has to work!"

He saw that arguing wasn't going to help, so he sat down on the floor, then laid down.

"Are ye ready?"

"To have my back snapped in half? Sure, hun. I'm ready to go to the ER."

Archie detected his smartass attitude, and rolled his eyes at him. "Babe, have I ever steered ye wrong?"

Silence.

"Do you really need me to answer that?"

"Yeah... no. don't answer that. Alright.. 3.. 2.. 1.." He stepped up onto Maxie's back and started walking on top of it.

"A-AH! A-Archie-! Ack- That hurts!!"

He shook his head. "It will at first, just gimme a second.."

*crack*

"AH-ARCHIE! GET OFF!! Argh.... This isn't helping!!! Oh god.. AHH!!"

Archie stepped off of him and lowered to his level. "Hun, are ye alright? I'm sorry... I thought that would work.."

"Ugh... I'm fine.. just NEVER do that again.." Maxie groaned. "Remind me to tell Matt that he's insane."

A chuckle came from the larger man's mouth, but he felt bad. He watched his husband sit up and writhe in pain.

"Hey.. Max..?"

He sighed. "If it's another bad idea... please don't.. my back hurts even more after that.."

Archie scooted over behind him and wrapped his arms around him, kissing his cheek.

"Will ye at least let me rub your back..? If that doesn't help, I dunno what will. I promise to be gentle.."

Maxie was about to decline, but seeing the way his husband looked at him, he couldn't say no. He knew that Archie felt bad for almost breaking his spine.

"Alright.. there's nothing that can go wrong there..." He stood up and flopped onto the couch, drained.

Archie follows him and lays down right next to him, snuggling him close.