Getting cozy

"C'mon, Max! It'll be fun!" Archie exclaimed, dragging his red headed husband outside. The tress around them were tinted with a beautiful shade of orange and red.

Maxie couldn't help but grin. "You do realize that we're not 10 year olds, right?" He joked, looking straight at the leaf pile in front of them.

Archie rolled his eyes at him. "Don't ye remember our first date? It was in the beginning of fall.. and I casually pushed ye into that leaf pile!" He chortled. "Ye were so mad!"

*chuckle* "Yes.. Of course I remember.. but- Aaaaah!!!"

Grinning mischievously, The taller man suddenly scooped him up in his arms.

"Wh- Archie!" He giggles, holding onto him for dear life. "What're you doing? Hahaha-! P-put me down!" He couldn't stop laughing, he knew exactly what he was about to do.

"Nope! Ye ready?" Archie laughed, getting ready to start running.

"Wait wait- Archie wait! Hold on a second-"

It was too late, Archie took off at full speed, holding the redhead, and jumped into the huge pile of leaves. Once they landed, they both kept laughing.

"You are such a dork!!" Maxie snorted.

"Ohhh come on!" Archie wraps his arms around him. "Yer laughing! That's how I know that this was a good idea~"

"I must face the facts.. that I've married the dorkiest man on the planet.." The Magma leader says, rolling his eyes.

The cold breeze hit them both, it was the evening time in Autumn, after all. Archie caught a glimpse of Maxie shivering.

"Ye probably should've brought yer jacket out here, babe."

"I-I- didn't know what we were doing! You just told me you wanted to show me something. I didn't think we were doing this!" He laughed, wrapping his arms around himself. "Brrr... I'm freezing now.."

Smiling, the Aqua leader took his jacket and put it around him, then picked him back up.

"Wh- What are you up to now?" He questioned, trying to warm himself up in his chest. "If you throw me back down in there, I'll kill you." He chuckles.

"Nah.. but I have to admit, that IS tempting..." Archie growled, jokingly dropping him about a foot down and scooping him back up before the redhead had a heart attack.

"Archie, d-don't you dare!!" The laughter in the redhead's tone of voice showed no annoyance whatsoever.

Chuckling, he lifted him back up in his strong arms and started walking back to the house, kissing Maxie's cheek. "What do ye say to a snuggle session by the fire, babe? It's getting pretty late."

"Mmm... that sounds amazing~" Maxie purred, arms coming up and wrapping around Archie's neck. "You always know what to do to make me fall more in love with you each and every day~"

"Awwww, that's sweet, babe... *kiss*" He opens the door and sets his husband down on the floor. "Hang on, I'll be right back."

After about 5 minutes, he came back with about 6 blankets in his arms.

"Dear god!" Maxie's eyes widened at the sight. "Are you that cold?" He teased.

Smiling and ignoring his question, Archie laid down every single one of them on the floor, except for one.

"Oh, honey~" He purrs, sitting down next to him and throwing the blanket over both of them. "I'm getting a little cold over here~"

"Pffft- come here, you..." He lays down against Archie's chest. "How romantic of you. *giggle* I love you.."