A little chubby part 2

It had been a while since the two of them talked about Maxie's insecurities, and pretty soon, they went away completely. He knew that Archie still cared about him and loved him, even if he was starting to get a little soft.

But within time, Archie started to feel insecure himself. He found himself in the bathroom, looking at himself in the mirror with a groan.

"Damn it... I shouldn't have eaten that.. I feel so bloated right now.... Ugh..." He looks at the toilet. "No.. not again... I can't keep doing that. What is wrong with me..?"

Like Maxie, he was exaggerating. He looked the same as he always had been, but his stomach came out just a little bit. It wasn't a big deal. But to him, it was.

"I'm supposed to be a strong, tough man.. can I still do that with THIS?? And... how will Max react? Oh god.." He hung his head by the sink, falling into the floor.

*knock knock*

"H-huh?!"

"Archie? Is everything alright? I heard a crashing noise from in there. Are you hurt?"

He noticed that when he fell to the floor, that him hitting the ground was that very noise. The insecurities came rushing back. Was he so big that him falling on the floor caused a loud noise and the ground to shake?

"Y-yeah, babe... I'm fine. J-just knocked over somethin'.."

"Well, alright. Don't take too long, dinner is almost ready."

That made Archie gulp. His stomach started to hurt. But to keep Maxie from getting suspicious, he swallowed his pride and came downstairs.

After a while, Maxie noticed him not acting like himself. "Archie?"

"Y-yeah?"

He looks him in the eyes with a face full of concern. "You've barely spoken a word since you've come out here, and you've barely touched your food. Is everything alright?"

"Y-yeah! Of course! My uh, my stomach hurts a little bit, but I'm ok!"

"Are you sure?" Maxie wasn't buying it, after all.. he did the same thing.

Archie gave him a fake smile. "Y-yeah! I- mmm..." He winced, holding his stomach.

"Are you sick? I know when you don't eat, that you've caught a stomach virus of some sort.."

"I-it's just a little bellyache, babe.." Archie laughed, before feeling uneasy again. Before he knew it, he was running to the bathroom again.

When he came out, Maxie looked at him with even more concern. "You got sick, didn't you?"

"Y-yeah..." He groaned. "I'm sorry, sugar.. I'm not feeling that great..."

Maxie guided him to the couch and helped him lay down. "Here, I'll take care of everything in the kitchen.. you just relax. And I'll get you something to help with that stomachache." He finishes his sentence with a kiss to Archie's cheek.

Archie watched him leave the room. The feeling in his stomach was getting worse. He didn't know what to feel. Embarrassed? Scared? Upset? He didn't know. He was too scared of that fact that his husband might find out about his belly and what he's been doing.

When Maxie returned, he had a bottle in his hands. "Here, love... drink this. It'll help."

Archie looked closer to see that it was ginger ale. He smiles at his husband and takes the bottle. He sipped at it for a while until half the bottle was empty.

His red headed husband cuddled up to him. "Feel any better, hun?"

"Y-yeah.. thanks, babe.."

A low hum came from the Magma leader's throat, and he scooted closer to him.