Thorn in my side

"Max."

"....."

"Max!"

More silence.

"Maxie!"

"....."

Archie yelled this time. "MAXIE!"

His fists slammed on the table in mild frustration. He quickly turned his chair around to face his husband with a scowl.

"Archie." He said firmly. "I am trying to get my work done... what the hell is so important that it can't wait for another hour?!"

The larger man gave him sad eyes and came closer to the chair.

"I want cuddles."

"God damn it, Archie..." Maxie threw his head down on his desk in mild frustration. "Can you not wait for another hour? Please? I HAVE to get this done TONIGHT."

Archie whined, straddling Maxie's waist from behind, also trying to get him out of the chair.

"You're being excessively needy. I love you, ok? But I need to get at least some work done now."

Archie nodded his head and released him, he went back to the doorway. "1 hour. That's all I'm giving ye, then I'll be back."

"Mm hmm."

Maxie rolled his eyes and continued his work. After an hour passed, Archie was back in his office, waiting for him to get done.

"Max. It's been an hour. It's time to take a break." He said, but then frowned when he noticed his husband not listening. "Maxie."

"Archie, just give me another minute. Please."

Ohhhh no. Archie wasn't taking any of that bullshit. He marched over to Maxie's desk and put his laptop screen down.

"Wha- ARCHIE!"

"I told ye earlier an hour. Ye need a break. A long one. Specifically with me, on the couch, snuggling."

He held his face in his hands.

"Archie... do you have to be so difficult?? I was in the middle of something!"

"That can wait."

"No it can't!"

"Max."

They both stared each other down, determined that he was right.

"You are a literal manchild. I am not kidding."

Archie chuckled at him. "Well at least I get my work done, Max." He winked.

The Magma leader's patience was thin. He stayed sitting in his chair and was about to open his laptop back up.

"Nope!" Archie said, before lifting it from Maxie's hands.

"Archie! Give that back!"

He put the laptop in a secure location, then went back to his fuming husband's side.

"Now, c'mon... what do ye say, ye and I go relax on the couch for a while? That'll make ye feel better. Ye need to take a break."

Still in his chair, he pouted. Maxie never pouts. And if he does, it's extremely rare.

"Ohhh come on, babe! Get outta that chair!"

He shook his head. "No."

Archie stepped forward, grinning. "What'd ye say? I didn't hear ye."

"I said. No." He hissed, twisting himself around and laying his head on the desk. "And you can't make me."

"Oh... really?"