Movie night (part 2)

"No. Absolutely not."

Archie lets out a soft whine, burying his head into Maxie's shoulder. "Baaaaaabe... please? It's Halloween.. I promise I'll hold ye the whole time. Please???"

"Archie-"

"Please?" Then he brings out the famous puppy eyes. "I know this movie is gonna be a little more... gory... but I promise I won't get distracted.. Really."

Arms crossed, letting out the longest sigh, Maxie looks his husband in the eyes. "O-ok. BUT! When I've had my fill, I'm done. Ok? You know that those kind of movies terrify me to no end. And I almost faint at the sight of blood."

Archie gasps happily and gives him the biggest hug.

"Awww, Max! Thank ye! I promise ye that I'll hold ye close and keep ye safe!"

This made the redhead blush a dark color of red. "D-don't make me sound like a 5 year old..." He groaned, face in his hands.

*kiss*

Archie put the movie on, then they both climbed into bed. Maxie was already holding onto him.

"I know everything that happens in this movie.. jumpscares, kills, everything. Ye can cover yer eyes when I say.. ok? Does that make ye feel a little better? *kiss*

"Y-yes... a little..."

The movie started. And this time, Archie picked Scream, which was a serial killer movie. The redhead squeaked as Archie warned him of the first jump scare.

"Shh.. it's ok, Max. I've got ye." His hands swept comfortingly on his back, soothing him. "Don't worry.. ye just let me know if ye want me to pause it. Ok?"

"M-Mmhmm..."

The movie progresses on, it wasn't long before the first murder was shown. Even after being warned, Maxie seemed even more petrified.

"A-A-Archie..."

The pirate locks eyes on him, petting his head. "Ye ok, babe? Do ye want me to pause it?"

"N-no- no.. just... j-just hold me... please..."

"Of course, sweetheart. Yer big, strong Archie will protect ye.. *kiss*"

Archie did just that, arms wrapped around him snuggling him very close to his chest.

They made it almost to the end, but Archie was getting worried about his husband. Hearing his whimpers made him feel horrible. He started to think that this was a bad idea.

"I know it's almost over.. but.. Are ye sure ye don't want me to pause it?"

......

"Max? Hun?"

Archie felt him wrap his arms around his waist and bury his face into his chest, silently crying. That was Archie's cue to pause the movie.

"A-Archie I-I'm- sorry- I can't- *sob* I n-need to stop." The trembling in his words worried Archie even more. "Th-there's too much blood- I'm- I'm sorry..."

"Baby... I'm... I'm so sorry..." Archie rubs his back in comfort while kissing the top of his head. "Shh shh... I've got ye.. we don't have to finish it, ok?"

"N-no I'm sorry..." Maxie cries, not letting up from his chest. "I know y-you wanted us to do this so badly... and I... I just ruined it..."

"No ye didn't, Max. *kiss* "I knew how much ye hated horror movies, yet I begged ye anyway... and that was selfish of me... c'mere.."

His fingers came under his chin and lifted his face to meet his.

"You weren't being selfish... I'm being unreasonable... I agreed to this because I knew it was Halloween and how much it meant to you.. I-it's just a movie... but here I am... acting like a complete wuss.."