17.

17.

tw: transphobic comments

“Miss Alluka,” the girl looked up from the homework she was doodling on at her desk, “your father wishes to see you.”

A smile stretched across her lips and she stood up from her chair excitedly, fixing the hairband that was holding back her long hair. It had been a while since Silva had any time for her and Alluka couldn't help but feel happy about the request.

The walk down those vast corridors of the mansion went by fairly quickly as Alluka followed Tsubone, greeting and waving at every butler that they walked passed. They all smiled at the young girl and bowed in return with their own small greetings, enjoying the warm atmosphere that she brought with her. They had all been a bit shocked when Alluka had come out as trans but had been surprisingly quick to accept it, assigning the female butlers to cater for her.

When the office door finally came into view Tsubone opened it, Alluka walking inside to see her father standing at the end of the room's long table. She smiled and tugged at the sleeve of his shirt. “Papa?” She called cheerfully to gain his attention.

Silva looked down at her, the hint of a smile on his lips as she hugged his arm. “Oh, Alluka you're finally here,” he stated calmly, blue eyes looking upwards. “I have guests that I wished to introduce you to.”

“Guests?” The smile fell from her lips as the reason for her being summoned was revealed. Would her Papa not have considered her otherwise? She thought, eyes looking at the ground as a small pout formed on her lips. Of course, how could he possibly even think about her.

“Yes, do you remember Mr Nostrade from my last meeting?” Alluka glanced up and recognised the familiar mustached man from the last time that she had snuck off to see Silva. She nodded and her father carried on, “Well, I would like to introduce you to his daughter, Neon.”

Neon Nostrade, was the young girl she had seen after she had peeked through the doorway to look outside. She looked to be about 14 with a tall and slim frame, her blue hair tied messily above her head in a bun. A white scarf was wrapped around Neon's head to stop any loose strands of hair from falling into her face. The young girl curiously looked at Alluka before blurting out, “I thought the Zoldyck family only had sons.”

Alluka felt like her heart was about to shatter and her lips pressed into a firm line to hide any evidence of being hurt. She had dealt with far worse so the comment was only one that needed to be brushed away.

“Neon!” Light Nostrade scolded and the young girl merely pouted. He looked to Silva apologetically, pinching the bridge of his nose. “I am sorry about that. She isn't fully aware of your daughter's…‘situation’.”

That word, situation, was said with such contempt that the Master of the Zoldyck himself couldn't stop the malice that was edging into his tone. “I understand and the only way for her to learn is by you setting an example. Yes?”

Nostrade cleared his throat and agreed with a strained smile, looking away from the taller man's intense gaze. Alluka felt the proud smile ghosting on her face as her father stood up for her and dared herself to look at Neon, the young girl glaring intensely at her.

“Now, let us continue with the reason why Alluka is even here.” The room was embraced in a still silence as they all waited expectedly for Silva to speak. “I understand that your family will be in town for business for the next few months and your daughter will be attending the same school as my children.”

Nostrade looked almost surprised by the statement before nodding his head. “Yes, she is… Is there are reason for your confirmation?” "

“I've been thinking that since Alluka is my only daughter she should be the one to take care of Neon during her stay in Padokea.” Both girls stared at each other, shocked but the look on Neon's face slowly morphed into one of pure malice. The younger girl gulped indistinctly. “Besides, their friendship might build important ties between our families.”