27.

Inspiration for Han Ru's outfit above.

27.

Illumi straightened out his tie and fixed the cuffs of the suit jacket he was wearing. It was almost time for him and Han Ru to leave but his mind was preoccupied with other things. It had been weeks since he had seen and confronted Hisoka but Illumi couldn't help but be worried - even if it was hard to forgive him for what had happened.

Hisoka would never be this silent but Illumi supposed he was at fault as well for ignoring him. He'd probably try to reach out to him later - that's if he had the courage to do so. He let out a small sigh.

A knock at the door made him look up and Illumi opened the door, greeting Gotoh who was on the other side. "Good evening, Master Illumi. The car is ready to take you and Mistress Han Ru to the event."

"Thank you, Gotoh. Please tell the driver that we'll arrive in a few minutes."

The butler bowed and left to do what he was told, Illumi checking his outfit once more before leaving his bedroom. He walked down the long corridor until he reached Han Ru's suite, raising his hand to knock on the door then waited patiently for it to open.

It took a few more seconds before the door was gently opened and revealed Han Ru who had dressed up for the occasion. Illumi's eyes widened a bit at her appearance before his facial expression relaxed once again.

"You look beautiful," the dark-haired male admitted genuinely.

"Oh, um, thank you," she replied with a small smile and stepped into the corridor. The young woman was wearing a teal hanfu that was embroidered with pink Peony flowers and glass butterfly hair pins holding up her dark hair. "Is it not too much?"

"No, it's alright. We should get going, the car is waiting outside."

The couple walked towards the exit of the mansion and the two said their goodbyes to the family. Silva reminded Illumi of his responsibilities for tonight's event and to introduce his fiancee to those who would be attending. As he listened to his father, Illumi wondered how he would tell his family that he had no intentions of marrying Han Ru. He just required the right moment to bring it up.

They finally walked out to the car and Illumi opened the door for Han Ru to enter, gently closing it after her. He went to the other side of the vehicle before getting in and telling the driver to be on his way. It took several hours to reach their destination as their home was at the top of Kukuroo Mountain which was secluded from the population, causing the area to become a tourist attraction due to it housing a wanted mafia family.

"We have arrived, Master Illumi," the chauffeur said, coming to a stop in front of the hall where the event was being held.

"Thank you, Zebro. We'll call once it's time to leave."

The young couple entered the building together, Han Ru linking her arm around Illumi's elbow. She was in awe at the finely decorated interior, admiring the uniquely tailored outfits of each guest socialising with each other.

"Oh, wow," she exclaimed under her breath. A few eyes of the guests looked at them, mostly intrigued by the woman who's bright attire contrasted against the room filled with black and white cloth. Han Ru felt mildly restless since she wasn't used to being at parties that were so dull in colour.

"Would you like a drink?" Illumi inquired as a waiter appeared beside them, offering them glasses of champagne that were stacked on a tray. When she nodded, he handed her a glass which Han Ru began to sip on gently, Illumi merely holding the glass in his hand.