Chapter 29

"Everyone, this is Nakahara Chuuya" - said the man with blonde hair in a pony and wearing eyeglasses, he tells information about the new recruit "He will be working with us for a while"

The members of the agency stare at the man with ginger hair and cerulean eyes, they are all astonished at how gorgeous he is and if it isn't the male clothing he is wearing they could have mistaken him for a girl.

"Wait, you said that he is from the Port Mafia" - said Tanizaki as he furrows his eyebrows "Why do we have to work with a criminal like him?!"

Chuuya surveys the people in front of him and from what he can smell and see, there are few Alphas in the room "What an interesting group of people" - he said then he scoffs "Don't worry even I don't want to work with any of you stupid detectives"

"Why you!" - Tanizaki snarled "Who are you calling stupid?! We will never work with a Port Mafia member like you!"

"Tanizaki-san please calm down" - said Atsushi to his friend.

"Everyone, there's something you need to know" - said Kunikida as he pushes his eyeglasses.

The detective agency has a strong moral against evildoers so Atsushi, Tanizaki, and Kenji were surprised to know that they've been working close to an ex-mafia for a long time now, well, Port Mafia's former executive-Dazai Osamu.

"He was also from the Port Mafia?!" - Tanizaki exclaimed.

Atsushi looks at the brunette Alpha "Dazai-san was a former Port Mafia member?" - he mumbled, so that's why he knows Chuuya, maybe they've worked together. A small sting of jealousy hit him inside, did they have a past together as Alpha and Omega? He could only ask himself.

"They are here because the Gifted Special Operations Division made an agreement" - Kunikida continues on with the information and after a few minutes "...with that being said, Nakahara-san will be working with us. Atsushi" - he called to the young boy.

"Yes?" - he quickly looks at the man.

"You will be the one to keep an eye on him, you will be his partner from now on" - said Kunikida.

Atsushi always wanted to be Dazai's partner in a mission which he is expecting now that the agency is allowing him to take on some jobs, but to his dismay, he has to be with Chuuya instead.

With hesitation the silver-haired boy answered "O-okay" - he looks at the ginger who rolls his eyes at him.

"Hey! Why Atsushi? Who knows if that mafia member betray us and do something to him?!" - asked Tanizaki.

"Are you sure that is what you are worried about?" - asked Yosano with a hint of teasing tone to Tanizaki "Isn't it because you wanted to be partnered with Atsushi?"

Tanizaki blushes "Of course not!"

"Well he looks nice I think we could trust him, actually he looks pretty" - said Kenji with a smiling face.

The conversation between the agency members becomes rowdy to which the ginger again rolls his eyes "Why am I even here? This is stupid working with detectives" - he said as he sat down on the chair and crosses his arms to his chest.

Dazai could only look at Chuuya, he changed a lot because he no longer resembles the man he falls in love with before. What happens to him? What made him change? All he can do is watch while his heart is bleeding but he knows to himself that he would never give up on him so easily. The anger mixed with sorrow and pain is reflected on the Alpha's face as his amber eyes are locked on Chuuya which Atsushi quickly notices and again another wave of jealousy hit him.

"I wonder what kind of relationship they had back then" - Atsushi mumbled as he looks at Dazai who is looking at Chuuya.

Meanwhile, Kenji who is overly excited about Chuuya walks towards him "You really are from the Port Mafia?" - he asked with twinkling eyes "You look so cool!" - he added.