7- Memory lane (part 1)

"No" I say sternly. I thought I could do this. Tell someone about my issues. It turns out I'm not strong enough. Maybe it's because I trust people too much and once they know my secret they know how to break me. I feel like if I don't tell Zayn what happened it will eat me from the inside. Every time I try telling him I choke. It's like the words won't leave my mouth and all my secrets are trapped, and locked away where no one can reach them.

"Okay" He sighs, after a long pause. He shifts uncomfortably on my bed. We sit in silence as I stare down at my feet.

"Can I stay here tonight?" Zayn looks up at me with childlike eyes.

"Yeah, sure. But you'll have to take the floor because my mum won't approve of two teenagers sleeping in the same bed."

Zayn chuckles. "Could you imagine her reaction?"

I shake my head in laughter. "She'd murder me, then ground me for life."

"That's not possible but I'd love to see that happen." Zayn laughs.

I push his shoulder and he topples off the bed, still laughing his head off.

xxxxxxxx Harnie xxxxxxxx

I wake up at eleven and trudge downstairs in my pyjamas. I feel like this shitty feeling isn't going away anytime soon. I find Zayn in the kitchen already dressed. I think everyone else has gone out, considering the house is silent. I rub my eyes and plop down on one of the chairs by the table.

"Get ready!" Zayn chirps. I blink several times, just to make sure I'm not still dreaming. "I just got up" I groan, throwing my head onto the table and wrapping my arms around my head.

"I don't care," he picks me up by my waist "move" he insists. He pulls me off the chair and onto my feet. "I hate you right now" I groan and trudge back upstairs. He's making me get ready at this ungodly hour. What's wrong with him?

After I've washed in the bathroom, I get changed into my ripped light blue denim jeans and dark grey jumper that says 'a whole new world - Aladdin' in a fancy white font on the back. I stare at Harry's jumper at the end of my bed. I have to remember to give that back to him. I grab my black rucksack that's too big for me and stuff it with useless things that I won't need. When I'm satisfied with my outfit I head back to Zayn.

"Ready?" He asks, picking up a slice of toast. "I guess" I grumble. I'm still not fully awake yet. He shoves the toast in my mouth "lets go."

I catch the toast before it falls to the floor "where are we going?" I ask with a mouthful of toast. I stuff my feet into my furry black high heeled boots.

"Somewhere fun" he assures. I'm not satisfied with that answer "where is this fun place?" I grab my black wooly hat with the word 'banana' printed in a yellow font on the front and shove it on my head.

"We're going to take a trip down memory lane" he flicks the bobble on top of my hat before walking out the door.

The winter air chills me as soon as I step out the house. It snowed last night so the roads are covered in snow. "You couldn't wait for spring, to take me down memory lane?" I shudder from the cold.

"Come on," his glove covered hand grabs my hand and leads me to the closest bus stop "it'll be fun. I promise" he smiles.

The bus takes what feels like an hour to arrive. We board the bus, welcoming the small warmth it brings. I rub my hands together, in hope of creating some warmth. Zayn leads me to a seat at the back of the bus.