8- Memory lane (part 2)

It's an art studio. All four walls are decorated with little kid drawings. Some in pencil, Some in paint and the others in spray paint. I love it. I instantly wrap my arms around Zayn "I love you right now" I say, pulling away smiling. I love art. It's always been apart of my life. Sure taking art as a GCSE can be stressful, but in the end my life wouldn't be complete without it. It's my get away. Just like my videos, it relaxes me.

"A while ago you were hating me" Zayn smirks.

"A girl can change her mind" I rush toward a box in the far corner of the room. When I open it I see different materials, from acrylic paint to spray paint. Naturally, I grab a pencil and some water colours. The giant grin doesn't leave my face as I choose an area on a wall to work on.

I hear Zayn searching through the art box, searching for the material he wants. I have a feeling he's going to choose the spray paints. I know I'm right when I hear the sound of Zayn shaking the can and spraying it onto the wall.

I stare at the wall for a while, thinking about what I'm going to paint. Suddenly, an idea pops into my head and I begin. It takes a while to paint because I'm using watercolour on a big canvas, but I think I did a good job. I'm not sure why I painted this, but I'm sure there's a reason.

"Is that you?" Zayn yells from behind me. I turn to see him walking towards me, with a mask still on his face. I look back to my painting. It's a girl dressed in a blue dress, but it's stained with black. She's falling. There's handcuffs, the word 'rebel' and hearts moving towards the sky. Underneath her is a pool of green. There's no one to catch her.

I realise I just painted myself, without knowing. "Yeah... It's me" I frown at the picture, trying to figure it out.

"Why the pool of green?" Zayn asks. He looks fascinated with the art work.

"I don't know" I admit. I don't know why I painted any of this, that's what's so confusing.

"Can I tell you what I think?" Zayn looks to me. I nod. Hearing someone else's opinion might piece it together. "I think this girl," he points to the picture "is suffering. She trying to let go. The handcuffs, the word 'rebel' and her heart... It's all part of her old life. She thinks without it, she's nothing. That's why she's falling. She's hoping that this pool of green will either save her or drown her."

Zayn leans back on his elbows, like he didn't just say something deep and meaningful.

I move my gaze to Zayn's work, to distract myself from mine. "What did you do?" I get up and walk towards his work. I can still smell the paint.

Zayn hands me one of the masks, to cover my face. I can make out small things like the heart, faces and shapes, but most of it looks like an explosion of pink, green and black. "Do you like it?"

"What is it?" I frown, tilting my head.

"What do you mean?" He exclaims "it's my masterpiece" he waves his arms towards the art work.

"It's very... Unique?" My compliment comes out as a question.

"I didn't paint something from my heart, but there's no need to discriminate"

"It's great Zayn" I laugh. It does have some good qualities. I just can't make out what it is. It looks like one big blob to me.

"I know" he smirks.

"The word is thank you," I state "don't get a big head" I pull down his hat.

"Thank you" he huffs, yanking his hat back and putting it into place.

I look out the window to see a sunset "we should go" I tell Zayn.

Zayn follows my gaze. He nods, taking off his mask and holding out his hand for mine. After we pack up the stuff we head back to the fence. I struggle getting over because my clothes gets hooked on the fence, so I almost fall on my face. Zayn climbs over with ease.

"Thanks for today" I really needed a break from my thoughts. If I didn't come out with Zayn today I would've been sulking inside all day.

Zayn nods in appreciation as we walk to the bus stop. Unfortunately, each bus arrives 30 minutes apart. So we wait half an hour for a bus, in the freezing cold, to go home.

:@
Sorry loooooonnngggg update.
I'll try to update quicker, but each update won't be longer than a week.
Harnie. X