Chapter 11

Ariel Pov

After a very much needed shower I slipped on my pajamas and walked back into my mate's room. I saw him sitting on the bed in a black tank top and some pajama pants. And I never really had the time to sit back and admire him. With his golden lock hair and his hazel eyes to his toned cheekbones with a very nice jaw I might add. Standing at an average of 6'2 with hardened muscles and a very yummy body. While I can't compete with my strawberry hair and green eyes with a standard height of 5'8, with little muscles running up my arms and toned legs. If people saw us, they would think we were the golden couple. But in reality, we were just another set of mates.

He finally looked up and smiled. "How was your shower?" he asked setting down a glass of bourbon I didn't know he was holding.

"It was very much needed." I told him walking over to the couch declining him when he offered a glass to me. I really just need a good night sleep and bourbon will just make me want to stay up longer. I started to lay down getting ready to go to bed when James spoke up. "What are you doing?"

I rubbed my eyes and look over to him confused, "Going to sleep." I told him stating the obvious.

"I can see that, but why on the couch?" He wondered. I go to open my mouth, but I think I'm just scared to sleep with him. I never slept with a man before I mean I'm still a virgin. Saving myself for my mate, but now that it is here, I don't know what to do.  I really just want to sleep tonight I don't think I'm ready for anything else quite yet. "Umm, to be honest I've never done this before. This whole mate thing." I mentally slapped myself, of course I'm new to this! So is he, we only get one mate, God how stupid could I be?

He looked down and chuckled, oh goodness the way he laughs. I could listen to the low roughness all fucking night. "I'm not going to bite," he said bringing me out of my dirty thoughts. "And just so you know I'm kind of new at this as well." He finished winking at me making me go a little red. Well, that was unexpected, I smiled and got up walking to the other side of the bed and slid under the covers. Sitting there nervously I looked over at James who was already looking back at me. "We only need to sleep, nothing more. I only ask if I could hold you tonight giving our wolves a little comfort." he asked. I found myself nodding and laying down looking over to see him turning off the light laying right down behind me. I felt his arm drape over my waist pulling me into his chest with the tingles and warmth feeling my heart. I leaned in and started drifting off to sleep. "Goodnight." was the last thing I heard before letting the darkness take over.

In the dream*

"Happy Birthday you two!" My mother cheered bringing in a very large cake. I looked over at Troy and hugged him excitedly. "We are finally 18 brother. Ugh it took forever to get here!" I joked, while he laughed a long side with me. "You can say that again baby sister." I rolled my eyes at his  little comment and turned my attention back at our parents.

"Ok guys make a wish." Our dad said smiling. I looked back at my brother and he nodded smiling we both closed our eyes blowing out the candles. When we opened them we were no longer in our childhood home but now at a clearing in the middle of the forest.

"Where are we?" Troy asked. I shrugged looking up at the sky to see it was a full moon tonight. "It wasn't supposed to be a full moon tonight, right?" I asked my brother confused. He shook his head answering slowly, "No, a full moon is not supposed to happen for another month I believe." He walked around the pond bending down just staring at the water's reflection. "What do you see?" I asked walking towards him. He scrunched his eyebrows together and whispered, "This isn't real Ariel, we are dreaming." he said standing up looking concerned.

"What do you mean we are dreaming. When was the last time we had a dream together." I asked picking up a rock throwing it at the water.

"I can't honestly remember, but whatever this is it can't be good. we need to figure out how to wake up I'm honestly not liking this." he told me. I went to go answer him, but a branch snapping had me turning on my heels looking in the direction it came from. "What the hell." I said glancing at Troy who was now on high alert. "Please tell me nothing could hurt us in your visions." I asked.