Chapter 14

Ariel Pov

James called over his Beta Leon after mom agreed to let Ariana do the tracker, and now they are both in here along with Troy waiting to tell us about his vision.  I watched as Ariana got everything she needed to prepare for this ritual and James took that opportunity to walk over to me. Hugging me from behind he put his head on my shoulder watching Ariana as well. 

 "I'm sorry you had to see me frustrated earlier, I just don't want anything to happen to you or lose all my people. This whole thing is just beyond believable. These vampires, and Witches what do you think they will do when we find them?" He asked me. I really don't know, they might put up a fight. What's the worse they can do though? Say no.

"I'm ready mom." Ariana said. She grabbed Leon's hand and she sat down cross-legged with Leon behind her so she can lean on him. 

I got out of James grip and walked over to my sister bending down in front of her. Giving her a smile I pushed her hair behind her ear. "If you get scared, let me know so I could pull you out. OK." She gave me a reassuring smile and nodded. I got up out of the circle and grabbed James outreached hand and leaned back.

"Did you get the names that I needed for the spell?" She asked our mother. 

"Yea, your grandmother found them hidden. Took her a while but she did it." Mom handed her a paper that I guess was the names. 

Ariel read the names and closed her eyes. "Colloco Cassius. Ostende mihi eum." The lights started flickering on and off and you could hear Ariana's rapid breathing. 

"I am in some kind of graveyard. I don't know where though. It's dark and misty, I hear laughter in the distance. Its the vampires, It looks like they are feeding, drinking, maybe partying. God it reeks of death here." 

I looked over to mom and she was biting her nails, stress and worry written all over her face as Ariana talked about her surroundings.

"Scratch that now I am in some sort of lair I guess you could say. I see Cassius, he's talking to some woman. She looks like a witch, I could feel her aura raiding off of her, its powerful. They are talking about us and the upcoming war. Noah." 

"What about Noah?"

"How do they know about the war?"

"Why is there a witch there?" 

"Its no coincidence they know I don't doubt everyone knows about it now." 

"Everyone quite!" Ariana snapped. Everyone stopped talking to let her concentrate but they still whispered among themselves.

"Noah asked them to join his fight, to be on his side. North Dakota, that's where the vampires are, in North Dakota. There's more though. They want to leave, they are scared, terrified he is going back to kill them for not joining the fight. That they told him multiple times they had a peace treaty with us. We never gave them a reason to attack. That the fight is between us, they wont get involved. The witches feel the same way. They are hiding in New Orleans. They..... Holy Crap!"

"What, what happened?" Her mate and mom asked at the same time. 

"The witch, she detected me. They know I'm here! I need to get out. Why can't I get out?" Ariana started breathing heavier and she grabbed on to Leon. She opened her eyes but her eyes were rolled back and she started to scream. "Ariel, get me out!" 

I ran to her side and grabbed her arms while Leon never let go, "Vidit quid defuisse videndo, nunc tempus est ut redeat in pace." Ariana opened her eyes and looked like she was going to pass out. "Oh, god!" she sobbed turning around leaning on Leon while she cried.