Chapter 5

Ariel Pov

"The more I cover up my flaws the more they appear." Looking back at Zack as he sang the next part with me looking confused as he started catching on. He stared back at me with hurt in his eyes as he sang his part. It killed me that he found out this way. I looked back at James who was dancing with that girl but his eyes never left mine. You could tell he didn't want to be near her, only me and right about this moment I felt the same way. I looked over at Zach who followed my gaze to James. Looking back at me he asked me with his eyes if it was him. Nodding my head I sang my next part. 
"I don't feel like I belong anywhere, where, where, where,"

"How did I get this so wrong to leave us right here, here, here." My heart broke for him as he sang that line, only I knew how heart broken he was with how much emotion he was putting in to this. Because he wasn't the only one. I hate this so freaking much, that I just want to stop singing and break down right here right now not caring who sees. 

"Gotta find where I belong." We both sang the last line of the song resulting everyone to stop dancing and cheering for us. I looked over at Zach as he took off his guitar and walked off stage, I couldn't help but run after him. "Zack, wait please." I grabbed on to his arm stopping him from going any further. 

"Ariel I get it. He is your mate and you know I will not keep you from him." He finally turned around to face me and I noticed the tears in his eyes causing me to finally break in front of him. He pulled me in a hug letting me break down on him, I know this is how it is supposed to be. But try telling my heart that. 

"I have to let you go, I know that. I will always be here for you, that wont change. Friends for life remember, we made a promise to each other and I intend on keeping that promise," He pulled me away from him and wiped away the tears from my face forcing a smile on his. "He is your mate, he is destined for you, just promise me you won't let this affect us. Affect our friendship in the process. I don't know him personally so I don't know how he's going to be ok with this." In that moment James came in to view slowly, I looked over to him seeing him also forcing a smile on his face. This isn't easy on any of us, and its crazy to see plenty of woman drop there boyfriends right away for their mate and I understand why but in the same pattern how can they after being with someone for so long. 

"I promise." I told him honestly but my eyes stayed glued to James. Zack looked over to where I was staring and sucked in a deep breath. "Promise me you will take care of her, that you wont let anything happen to her. Despite this change I will always care for her even when I get my own mate. You have an amazing woman here, you are lucky to have her. Cherish her, because she is worth every penny." He stared into my eyes saying every little bit never once breaking contact. "I promise." I heard James say in the distance. 

Zach nodded and pulled me into a tight hug. I hugged him back not wanting to let go. He kissed my forehead letting it linger there for a minute before finally pulling away. "I will finish the last couple of song so you could get to know your mate. Just come by after to help clean up, ok." 

I nodded putting my hand over my chest feeling his neckless in the process. I looked down at it then looked back up at Zack whos eyes were on the neckless. "It was a gift Ariel, keep it." He gave one last smile before walking away.  I watched as he got back on stage talking to the band. I smiled looking back over to James. He walked slowly in my direction extending a hand for me to grab. I took it and he pulled me in taking a deep breath in. "Do you want to go for a walk?" He asked. "That sounds like a good idea." I told him. I took one last glance at Zack before following James into the forest. 

"So can I know a little bit about you?" He asked breaking the silence. I kept walking taking in the scenery loving the nature smell and sounds. "There isn't really much about me. I have a few talents, you've seen two of them.  Umm, I'm a senior in high school. I have a twin who is a pain. A little sister and brother, we grew up different than everyone else. Not all love and sunshine." I told him stopping in front of a clearing.  Looking up to the waterfall memories of me and Zack started flooding my mind. We actually stumbled on this by accident. "This is really pretty. It quite too." He said sitting down on the grass with me following in suite making sure my dress doesn't ride up in the process. "It is, me and Zack found it by mistake," I laughed at the memory god it was so long ago. "We were fourteen at the time we really just discovered we liked kissing, so we ran to get away from my brother so the only place to escape was to run into the woods. We ran for a little bit before stumbling upon this place, making it our little secret hideout." I go to take off my heels when I felt something feeling off. I looked around us trying to see if anyone was watching us, but I didn't see anything. I shooked it off and continued to take off my heels looking back at James. "So what about you, do you have any siblings?" I asked him.