chapter 1

Ariel Pov

Twelve years later

 Hey guys I'm Ariel a seventeen year old soon to be eighteen wizard. I grew up in a big family with my twin brother Troy, our baby sister Ariana who is sixteen and leaving the youngest Cody at twelve years old.  We come from a family of powerful wizards but that is not all, what makes us powerful is we aren't your normal wizards. We are Hybrids! Half werewolf, half wizards cool, huh. So, here is the deal me and my brother were destined to defeat this evil king. He tormented my mother when she was our age and at the time she wasn't powerful enough to end him just banish him. During that banishment he had a son Noah. Now, I don't know what his son looks like but mom did have pictures of his dad. Mom looked happy with him in the beginning but she said he turned into this abusive monster that ended up just wanting power. Once he found out my mother was the Moon Goddess Chosen One he didn't want to let her go. Though, good thing out of all this my mother met our father her mate he was a rogue but despite having no title and mom having Alpha blood in her it worked out in the end. He still protected even if she didn't need it, and he stayed by her side. There is MORE to the story but that is for another time entirely. 

 Ring, ring, ring 

The last school bell for the day rang bringing me out of my thoughts with everyone scrambling to their feet to get out of this hell hole. I gathered my stuff up throwing it in my bag and took off out the door. Walking the my locker I heard someone calling out my name. Turning around I saw my cousin Jennifer running after me. Jennifer is my Uncles Jeff daughter he is the Alpha of our pack. Her twin brother Oliver is soon to be alpha once he finds his mate. 

"Damn girl I was calling you for a good hot min. What took you so long to answer, our your ears not working today." She asked joking around. 

"Ha, ha, ha. I was just busy in my thoughts, or maybe I was just simply ignoring you. We may never know." I laughed at her fake broken heart. I opened my locker and put my textbooks inside grabbing my phone in the process. 

"Anyways, are you excited to see the new pack. I heard the Alpha is quite the catch." She winked at me as I slammed my locker door rolling my eyes at her. 

"Is that all you ever think about are guys?" I asked her.

"Well ya! Who wouldn't? Ariel, honey we only live once and besides its not like I have any responsibilities on my hands. That is where I mourn for you and my brother. You have this destiny with Troy and my brother has the duties of being Alpha. Thankfully for me I have none of that." She smiled pleased at her answer and I just shocked my head at her. We walked out of the building to see my brother waiting patiently by his jeep for me. "Do you need a ride?" I asked her. "Nah, I'm going with Zen. You heading to the pack house?" She asked me. 

"No I am going home to change then head to the Lake House to practice before everyone heads over." 

"OOH, you going to dress sexy for that Mr. Zach?" She asked winking at me. I got a little red and pushed her slightly telling her to shut up. We ended up saying our goodbyes and went our separate ways. I walked over to Troy who was on the phone texting someone and my guess its Vicki. "Texting Vicki again?" I asked him hopping into the passenger side with him right behind me on the driver side. 

"If you need to know then no I am not. That didn't really get anywhere with her. Kind of glad too she a bitch." 

I laughed because I told him so. 

"Don't forget we need to go pick up Cody." I reminded him.

"Yea I know, Mom texted and reminded me. By the way, are you going to the meeting with us?" He asked. 

"No, I have to go help the guys finish setting up for the party tonight. Zack also wanting to rehearse one more time." I told him. I grabbed my phone and shot Zack a message letting him know I will be there soon. Now to figure out what to wear. I hate looking for something cute but not to sexy, short but not where you could see my ass, strapless but not where my boobs are popping out. I hate that most dresses sexualize woman and I really just want to look good but not look like a slut in the process. 

Finally picking up Cody we raced home to get dressed. Pulling into our parking lot we saw dad was gone but mom was still here. Maybe she was waiting on us. We walked inside to Troy yelling out for mom.

She came out of the kitchen in a nice baby blue long dress. Her hair was curled in to a low bun. My mother was dropped dead gorgeous. "Hey my babies, you both go ahead and get ready. We need to hurry to the meeting they are going to start soon." Hugging Cody and Troy she shooed them both upstairs. 

"Hey baby, are you going to the meeting?" Mom asked me pushing a strand of hair behind my ear in the process. 

"No, I need to go help set up at the Lake House, and do one more rehearsal on the song.  God only knows how nerves I am. I don't want to make uncle Jeff look bad, especially with another pack here."

"Sweetie, you have nothing to fear. You have an amazing voice and they will all love you. Now tell me what do you plan on wearing?"