Protecting pretty jijejie

"Aiya, bao'er, will you wait for lian-jiejie to finish her chores?" Wei ying asked, watering the rose bush.

"A-yuan will help pretty-jiejie." The little radish offered. "Such a good boy, a-yuan, helping this jiejie so much." Wei ying said, patting a-yuan's head.

"Would a-yuan, feed the chickens?" Wei ying asked, handing him some chicken feed.

"A-ying, granny called you in the kitchen." Lan zhan said, coming inside the garden.

"So, you can spend some lone time with your precious plants." Wei ying smirked, a-yuan joined her glaring at lan zhan with hands over his hips.

"Not when my xiang ri kui( sunflowers) are not with me." Lan zhan said, poking wei ying's cheeks and picking a-yuan up to kiss his.

"Rich-gege, why do you talk to the plants?" a-yuan asked. "Like a-yuan and pretty-jiejie , these plants are my babies too, so we need to spend some time with them, to help them grow. " Lan zhan explained, wei ying watched their exchange fondly.

"Now go, play with pretty-jiejie. " Lan zhan said, handing a-yuan to his pretty-jiejie. "Don't be late for breakfast." Wei ying said as she left.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A-yuan, will you go to sui-dage's house to play?" Granny wen asked, a-yuan rushed to play with Dong'er as soon as he found his toys.

"Lian'er, you haven't had your hair removed yet?" Granny wen said, raising wei ying's sleeve.

Wei ying didn't know, what to say. "Don't worry, I know someone, who can help you girls. Even a-fan will come." Granny wen said in a hushed voice.

"i'll ask her to come after lunch. What do you say?" Granny wen asked. "It works for me." Wei ying answered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wei ying and a-fan sat on the floor, only in their sleeveless inner clothes, wei ying braced herself as Wen rushi applied a hot, sticky, sugary smelling substance on her leg with a wooden spatula.

The beautician then pulled out a cloth strip and stuck it over the waxy substance, rubbing the strip for better adhesion, before pulling it in one painful stroke. A scream left wei ying's throat and a laugh from the other three.

"Meimei, is it your first time?" Asked an amused Wen Rushi, why hasn't she seen shijie go through such pains before? Wei ying questioned herself, but the stream of her thoughts was interrupted by another spatula of warm goo, but before Wen rushi could pull another strip, both of wei ying's body guards rushed in to protect her.

"What are you doing to my wife?" Lan zhan asked, this time not jumping to the conclusion instantly. On the other hand, a-yuan flung himself, between Wen rushi and wei ying, trying to cover wei ying with his tiny stretched hands. Wei ying couldn't help, but smile fondly at both of his protectors

"A-yun, don't worry, your wife is safe with us." Granny wen laughed, Lan zhan looked at wei ying for confirmation. "Beauty pains." Wei ying said, giving lan zhan a reassuring smile.

"Why? You're already very pretty." Lan zhan protested. "Pretty jiejie is so pretty!" A-yuan yelled in retaliation. "Thank you my little radish." Wei ying patted a-yuan's head, lan zhan was looking like an ignored puppy, who's ears had dropped.

"Yun'er, would you please go and buy me some herbs ?" Granny wen said, taking out a list from her purse. Lan zhan pouted, but left to run the given errand. wei ying giggled cuddling her little radish.

"Lian'er, looks like someone wanted head pats but got an errand instead." Granny wen teased, "Don't worry granny, he'll get so much more when he comes home." A-fan teased, resulting in a fit of giggles from the other two and swat on the shoulder by a blushing wei ying.

"Sui baihu won't be any less pleased." Wei ying pulled a-fan's leg. "Ahh! Jiejie you are so mean!" A-fan whined, "Looks like someone got a taste of their own medicine." Granny wen said, flicking a-fan's nose.

The rest of the afternoon, beauty pains were endured by the two young women(especially wei ying, as she had decided to remain quiet for a-yuan's sake), while the elderly ones reminisced their old days.

'Finally!' Wei ying thought, stepping out of her bath and rubbing lemon oil, over her now smooth body and shaped eyebrows.

Clad in a fresh sleeveless cotton gown, wei ying walked towards the living room, where Wen Rushi was mixing a herbal face pack.

Wei ying sat on a reclining wooden chair, between a-fan and granny wen. Closing her eyes, wei ying relaxed into Wen Rushi's balanced touches, as the former cleansed and scrubbed her face.

"Lian-mei, you haven't been taking care of your skin or your hair. It is a wonder that your face is still free of acne." Wen Rushi said, pulling out blackheads.

'I was trapped in the Xuanwu cave bitch!' Wei ying thought, "I'll recommend you a special face pack and chamomile tea from our herbal beauty shop. " Wen Rushi started advertising, the other three looked at each other with 'Here she goes again' looks in their eyes.

"I've better home remedies." Granny wen said in a hushed voice. After all what good was a grandma without her 'pouch of remedies'.

Wen Rushi left after being paid by granny wen, not before instructing them to keep the mask for 30 more minutes.

Unfortunately, before those 30 minutes could pass, wei ying's little radish woke up. He walked in the living room groggily rubbing his eyes, only to find 3 green gorgons, in place of his granny, fan-jie and pretty-jiejie. "Rich-gege!" A-yuan wailed, huge tear drops rolling down his cheeks.

"My little radish it's me your lian-jiejie." Wei ying ran towards him, but a-yuan ran in the opposite direction.

Finally, wei ying washed her face pack and ran to console her baby bunny, who wouldn't leave her alone.

The other two came in to find a-yuan sitting on wei ying's lap and hugging her tightly, while the latter hummed a tune she had heard lan zhan play on his qin.

"Suyin would've done the same." Granny wen said, the corner of her eyes were wet with memories. "It's okay, we've Lian-jie now, she'll take care of him for Su-jiejie." A-fan hugged her grandma.

The two ladies decided to leave the mother and her son alone.

After a while wei ying walked out of her room, with a-yuan in her arms. "Lian'er, It's the time you should start thinking about children." Granny wen said, "but-" Wei ying was cut in by granny wen's finger that was pointed at the child in her arms, who was busy playing with her bunny pendant.

Maybe granny was right, wei ying wouldn't be able to live without her little radish in the long run, maybe she should talk to Lan zhan about adopting a-yuan, wei ying thought.

Maybe, her dream was coming true.