Broken trust, building love

"I wanted to die! To end myself! I couldn't forgive myself! For a moment I felt that everything was over, my life was ruined and I deserved it." Wei ying confessed, "It's over a-ying, you did nothing! We're together now and we'll always be! No matter what." Lan zhan said, holding wei ying to his chest tightly.

"How could shijie?" wei ying lamented over her shattered trust, "You're in my arms, where no one will ever try to take you away from me." Lan zhan cupped her face, reassuring her.

Their sweet moment was interrupted by a knock on the door of their room, at a shabby, not very suspicious looking inn.

Lan zhan opened the door to find his brother, wen qing, wen ning, nie huaisang and his old nemesis wen qian, standing outside, drenched in dirty water.

" thank you for giving my life back to me." Lan zhan said, looking at wei ying, "Now that your life is back, don't loose her again" lan xichen teased, wei ying blushed, lan zhan chuckled.

"Xichen-ge, qing-jie, ning-di, Wen-yima, Nie-xiong, I don't know what to say, I don't think that my words will ever be enough to express my gratitude towards all of you, I owe you my life. " Wei ying bowed gratefully, but was pulled into a group hug instead. Lan zhan pouted at not being pulled into the hug, but joined anyway.

"What are we going to do after this?" Wei ying asked, not breaking the group hug. "Conquer qishan", "Make love" Lan xichen and Lan zhan said at the same time, respectively. Nie Huaisang was now above surprises, he had seen and heard too much in the past week. The wens rolled their eyes, being used to the couple's antics.

Lan xichen laughed, while wei ying punched lan zhan's shoulder fondly.

"Let's go back to cloud recesses first." wen qian chastised. "Yima are you coming with us?" Wei ying asked, "Of course, I'm coming to my home." Wen qian said, "Are you a lan too? But I've never seen you before." Wei ying asked, "You've seen me, your prank helped my disguise!" Wen qian answered.

"old man lan!" Lan zhan, wei ying and nie huaisang exclaimed in surprise, Lan zhan remembered all the times, when he had fought with wen qian, shattering his image as the golden cabbage rotting in front of it's farmer. He couldn't believe how different his shufu looked without his signature goatee.

"You shaved his beard, but even you couldn't recognize him?" Lan zhan asked, "When I shaved his beard, it was dark and couldn't see anything." Wei ying defended herself.

"I remember that shufu refused to show his face to anyone after that, then the wen indoctrain happened, so I failed to see his face." Lan zhan said connecting the dots.

"You brat said that I ran away with a hooligan!" Lan qiren said, pulling lan zhan's ear.

"I didn't know that it was you!" Lan zhan protested. Everyone else laughed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, they rode to gusu, keeping up their disguise. After reaching gusu, lan zhan was more than excited to show wei ying jingshi.

"Our home." Lan zhan said, picking wei ying up and crossing the threshold, "This is the living room, where I'll play my qin for you and a-yuan, as you play your dizi for us. The three of us will sit here talking, during the tea time, I'll buy osthamus cakes for us. I'll teach a-yuan to play qin here." Lan zhan said, showing wei ying Jingshi's living room.

"This will be the kitchen, it's still under construction, when it's done, I'll cook every dish you like." Lan zhan said, roaming around the semi-established kitchen, with wei ying in his arms.

"We can make a-yuan's bedroom here, he'll love having a bunny themed room." Lan zhan said, wei ying couldn't say anything, over-whelmed by love for lan zhan.

"I was thinking of using the empty land we've behind the hills, to cultivate our own vegetable garden. We can even buy a few chickens. once all of this is over and we're married, I'll take you and a-yuan to pick up mushrooms, crabs, bamboo shoots, clams and leafy veggies if we're lucky enough!" Lan zhan planned excitedly, yet the only thing wei ying cared then was that she was with lan zhan, in their home, where no one would ever try to break them apart.

"I think that you would love this part of the house." Lan zhan's tone, unmistakably seductive. He carried her towards their bedroom and placed her gently on the bed, as if she was made of glass.

"Welcome home, Lan-er-furen." Lan zhan said, taking her ear in his mouth, "Then make me feel welcomed er-gege." Wei ying removed his outer and inner robe in a go, baring his chest. "As my lady wishes." Lan zhan teased, biting her neck.

That night, all the ghosts in or near jingshi were exorcised, including the ghost of lan qiren's sleep.