Log Fifty-two: THE DEVIL

FIFTY-TWO
THE DEVIL

Tuesday

11:20 pm

Dear, Diary

I've finally had my bath and I'm ready to fill you on my date with the amazing Justin for I know you've been patiently waiting, you Amebo freak!

...

I was still gushing about the phone as I stepped out of the gate when I watched Justin step out of the car, ran to the passenger's side, and pulled the door open for me to get in. It was a very unnecessary gesture, but it touched my heart nonetheless.

"You really didn't have to," I told him how I felt with a smile on my face and he informed me that he wouldn't sleep well at night if he didn't.

"You look...happy." He noted as he jolted the car to life and I was impressed by his attention.

Check one! For attentiveness, I told myself.

I dangled the phone in front of him and he asked me if I'd just gotten it which was a pretty obvious by the way—I mean, it was still in the carton, but I nodded my head In excitement anyway.

"My boss got it for me when I thought I'd lost my phone," I added and it finally felt so good to come out clean to someone as the guilt had been eating at me like cancer.

"Mad oo, this your boss must really like you oo," he smiled and I kept comparing which mad had the best smile, the man by my side or Elvis?

Stupid of me right? I know. I pinched myself back to my senses right after.

"You'll be the second person saying that this year," I laughed as I told him about Aremo the driver's take on me and my boss and thankfully he didn't make me feel like the situation was weird, he just made a joke about it and complimented on Elvis's generosity.

"Do you like waffles? There's this new waffles joint my friend Bankole just opened on the mainland; Ilupeju area and I've been meaning to try it out ever since—we can go somewhere else though if waffles aren't your thing."

"I don't trust anyone who doesn't like waffles," I informed him and watched as he displayed his perfect dimple in a smile that soothed my soul for reasons I still find it hard to understand. "You should try the waffles at Sooyah Bistros—it's to die for!"

"Wait! That's my friend's joint!" He announced in astonishment and we both had an awkward moment of silence that led to a burst of laughter. It was surreal. I was genuinely happy, Bebi.

I remembered someone telling me that Banky W owned Sooyah Bistro and I paused.

"This Bankole friend of yours is not the famous Banky W or is it?" I squinted my eyes.

"Yup! That's Banks for you!" He exasperated with a weak smile on his face as he shook his head
like he was reliving his memories with his friend.

"Oh, wow!" I sat back in my seat and realized that I hadn't fastened my seat belt and somehow the familiar voice of my Boss made me smile as I fixed the belt.

Why was I thinking about the idiot especially when I was having the time of my life with the amazing Justice Abi na Justin, Jeez! It must have been the new phone guilt.

Guess who just texted me a "Hi" on WhatsApp?

The devil himself.

I'll be right back, let me see what he wants to say.

Vote
Vote
Vote
Thank you!
If you don't know how to vote, click on that star below and see what happens.
And yeah, follow me on Instagram
@cinmithewriter