Impossible, I Love You ~ YellowLight Part II

Here is part two to my most recent oneshot, "Have I Let You Down? ~ YellowLight". I've gotten comments saying that they want a part two, so here it is!

~ Light Steve's PoV ~

"Have I let you down?" Yellow mumbles the question, as if hesitent to ask. 

The question stuns me, I was not expecting him to ask that. It came out of nowhere. Why does he think he's let me down? I've never told him that he's let me down. Why would he think as such?

"No, my sunshine, you've never let me down. Why would you think that?" I assure him. 

"It's just," he cuts himself off with a sniffle, "I can't seem to do anything right."

I tilt my head, confused. What does he mean he can't seem to do anything right? He does everything right. I mean, yeah, he's made mistakes before, but we all make mistakes. It's in the nature of all things. 

"Sunshine, why would you feel that way?" I ask him.

"Because! I'm supposed to be an Elite Guard and I've failed my latest three missions, which have each resulted in around fifty casualties and one hundred of the guard injured. I've been a horrid boyfriend to you and I just-" he stops to sigh. "I just don't see how I haven't been disposed of yet. I don't even see why you're dating me. I'm a downgrade from the Orange Leader and I... I just don't see what you like about me."

I silently think if my response. How does one respond to this? Gosh, ever since I've become Light Steve, the ability to comfort someone has left me. I hate how I don't know how to comfort Yellow.

He stares at me, looking into my eyes, awaiting my response.

"Yellow... You're not a horrid boyfriend. You're the best I could ever ask for. You're always there for me when I'm down, you comfort me when I need it, you're protective when the situation calls for it, you love me for me, and you're just overall amazing," I start. "And for the past three missions, they've been ones in situations that we couldn't fully plan for. We don't know much about the demons, let alone Demon Void. You tried your best and that's all we could ask for. Yes, you've made a few mistakes in your life, but we all make mistakes. It's the ways of all living things."

A soft, subtle blush graces his cheeks after I finish speaking. He snuggles closer to me, if that's even possible.

"But what about the Orange Leader, I-"

"Don't you dare compare yourself to him." I cut him off. He looks up at me. "You're not a downgrade. After I became Light Steve, things between me and the Leader just wouldn't have worked out. Plus, I could tell he was starting to have eyes for the Yellow Leader. With me consistently putting myself in danger, the Orange Leader wouldn't have handled it. With you, I know I can go out on a mission and not only will you be fine, you'll have my back. Plus, he was in love with Shy, not Light Steve. While yes, we're the same, we're also very different."

He stares at me, a look of love and admiration present in his gaze. He leans up to my face, resting his forehead against mine. I close my eyes from our close proximity, a smile gracing my lips. Our breath starts to mingle together, fanning onto our faces.

Yellow leans in more, his lips grazing mine, and then he kisses me. I kiss back, humming happily to myself. He wraps his arms around my neck while mine rest on his hips.

I adjust our position, having my sunshine now sitting on my lap. Our bodies flush together, neither of us breaking the kiss.

After a bit, we break the kiss to breathe. Damn you, need for air. We lean on each other's foreheads, both of us smiling.

"Snowflake?" Yellow asks and my heart melts slightly at the nickname.

"Hm?" I respond.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Sunshine."

He snuggles his head back into my chest, and grips onto my shirt. I chuckle lightly at this, and I rub comforting circles on his back.

"Sunshine, you'll never disappoint me. You wanna know why?" I ask him softly.

"Why?" He murmurs, the words muffled due to my shirt.

"Because it's impossible, I love you too much for you to disappoint me."

He giggles happily at this, and we cuddle for the rest of the night.

~~~

Not the longest, but I still like it and I really like the ship.

Anyways, requests are open still!

Have a great day or night!

~ Unicorn

Published June 22nd 2022