*Rewrite* Learning Experience

To rewrite this chapter was pain cause I had to read the original version, which is not good. The entire plot of the first one was just based from a singular dialogue prompt. Well, let's get into this. 

This takes place in the volcano when Sabre and Void originally fought during the Rainbow Kingdom era. 

!! TW: Mentions of blood and slight mentions of death !!

~ Third Person's POV ~ 

As Sabre wanders through the volcano, he fights off any Darkness that comes near him. His shadow, Shadow Sabre, watches, smirking as Sabre uses the Shadow Sword.  The sounds of war from outside ring through the base, as the sides of Darkness and Light battle. 

"It's not that hard, Sabre, just join the Darkness, and you can rule the entire world. Everyone will fear you and bow to your feet. Those who've wronged you will pay. Those who betrayed you will beg for forgiveness," Shadow Sabre says, trying to lure Sabre back into the Darkness. 

"Shut it, Shadow. I don't want people to fear me. I don't want to rule the world. I want the Steves to thrive," Sabre scolds his shadow. 

Shadow sighs, and the duo continue to walk through the halls. Many things rush through Sabres head, mainly about whether he'll win this fight, and that Light and the Colorless Elites will survive. He also complains about how annoying Shadow is. 

"I can read your thoughts, Sabre," Shadow complains. "Stop thinking so much, it's giving me a headache.

Sabre goes to make a remark, but is stopped by an all too familiar voice. 

"Hello, Sabre."

~ Sabre's POV ~ 

I stop what I was going to say from the sound of Rainbow Void's voice. I turn and see Rainbow Void in the meeting room, staring at me from the other end of the table. I clench the Shadow Sword tighter as I clench and unclench my other hand. 

"Hello, Rainbow Void," I say, trying my best to sound confident and keeping the disguist from showing in my voice. To say I wasn't terrified would be a blatent lie. 

"Welcome back. You've caused quite the trouble to my plans," Void states, though he shows no emotion. 

"Good. If it means that more Steves will be safe, then I'll continue to mess up your plans," I say, and I grip the Shadow Sword. 

"Ah yes, the Shadow Sword. Relying on Darkness, are we?" Void mocks.

"No. I don't need to rely on the sword," I retort. "I'm not that desperate."

Void laughs, the demonic sound ringing throughout the room and bouncing off the walls. It takes everything in me to not wince from it. 

"Oh, you think you're too strong for the sword? That you're above the Darkness? That you're a hero?" Void questions. "I thought you've learned something by now."

Confusion is the only reaction I have. "I know I'm not perfect, but I'm more of a hero than you."

Void Steve laughs. 

"You're a monster, Void."

"Well then. How about we finally END THIS!?" Void yells, and grabs his sythe of Darkness.

"Lets," I say, and Shadow walks up closer behind me. "I will finally defeat you, Void. You won't win this."

Void readies a fireball, and as he's about to launch it, he freezes. 

"Wha- HOW," Void screams. "S-SHUT UP!"

I freeze and look at Void as he starts to freak out. He grips his hair, and starts mumbling things. 

"NO! SEER IS DEAD! HOW ARE YOU SPEAKING TO ME!" Void shouts at nothing. 

"Void... nobody else is here," I hesitantly say. 

"SHUT UP SABRE! SHUT UP," Void screeches. 

"H-hi?" A voice asks in my head. I quickly look around. 

"Wh-" I go to say, but get cut off by the voice.

"I-I'm trying... Get some hits on Void, I can't keep this up forever!" The voice commands, and I obey. 

I rush at Void Steve and slice my sword in his arm, making him drop his sythe. I cut across his abdomen, and again on his leg when he tries to kick me away. The blood drips from the new wounds, and Void pants for air. He glares at me, hatred but also a distant pain in his eyes. 

"I... I'm tired..." the unknown voice speaks to me. 

"Who are you?" I ask in my head. 

"I... am Seer... the Blue Steve who... became the First Hero..." The voice, Seer, says. 

"But I'm fighting Void, who is the first hero. How-

"No... Void and I are two different people. Void seperated from me once he had enough energy from the crystals to stablize the seperation and the Darkness," Seer informs, and it honestly makes sense. 

"I know you're talking to him, Sabre," Void snaps me out of my conversationg with Seer. The blood from the open wounds rush down, and Void looks weak from the blood loss. "Seer. You're talking to Seer."

I take a step back. 

Void Steve sighs. 

"I should've known he would come back eventually, even though I hoped he wouldn't," Void mumbles with disappointment. 

"I... I don't know whether I should feel bad or angered," I state. 

"Don't pity me. Even us monsters have nightmares and pains from the past. We're just better at hiding it," Void says. "It's funny, honestly. How everyone says they're a hero and that those who are against them are evil, when in reality, we're all heros and villains in the public eye. It's whether you embrace it or not."

"Void-"

"Goodbye, Sabre"

"Goodbye, Sabre"

Lightning strikes void where he stands, and he dies. I feel Seer leave my head. 

I stand there, staring at the pool of blood where Void once stood. Shadow stands beside me, dumbstruck. 

Millions of thoughts go through my head as I register what he said. I mean, I didn't expect to hear from Seer. What did he mean by we're all heros and villains? It's so out of character for Void. Seer and Void are two different people?

"Hey, Sabre?" I turn to see Light Steve covered in blood and injuries. He walks up towards me, and sees the scene behind. 

"Woah... Did-," Light Steve tries to get out, but I intrupt him.

"Void is dead. We've won," I say, and Light Steve smiles.

We won, so I should be happy...

Right?

~~~

Whoooo! This is way better than the original, and I actually liked this one. 

Seer returned, and we got a glimpse of sad Void. 

Also, if you haven't heard, I'm working on an Incorrect Quotes book now behind the scenes. Along with this, this was the last rewrite planned, other than Soulmates AU (still in the works when I feel like it), so the next chapter might take a while to be published. 

Requests are still open, so if you have any oneshot ideas or requests, don't be afraid to send them. If you don't want to be mentioned / @'ed, just let me know. 

Anyways, I'm gonna eat ice cream now.

Have a good day / night

~ Unicorn 

Uploaded April 29, 2022