When Darkness Wins

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐
I hope y'all like angst, cause this whole chapter is just angst.

No context for the chapter, eheheh

✧ Warning: Contains Mentions of Death and Blood

✧ Shadow uses They/Them pronouns
✧ Void uses He/They pronouns
✧ Rest of the characters use He/Him pronouns
_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

~ Third Person PoV ~

It all happened so fast. All the destruction and death, all so quick. Like it was nothing, like it wasn't a challenge at all. In a way, it wasn't. Within a few short hours, the Darkness had won and destroyed the kingdom that once gave people hope: The Rainbow Kingdom. Even the Keeper of the Light couldn't be unscathed by the horrors that happened.

It all started at the volcano. The volcano that Void Steve called home. The same volcano that the Heart of Void was tossed into all those generations ago by someone who he betrayed. Some who the person he used to be called a friend.

Sabre, Light Steve, and the three Colourless Elites made the trip to this volcano in hopes to defeat Void Steve. Shadow Sabre, the embodiment of the Darkness that infected Sabre, tagged along, only visible to Sabre. The look on Shadows face made it clear that they thought something was not right, that something was wrong. That this mission would go wrong.

Oh how they were right.

Sabre, still in possession of the Shadow Sword, was fairly confident that this would be a success. That this would be how he could prove to the Leaders that he truely was on their side, that all he wanted to do was protect them, even if that meant laying down his life.

Light, though not fully trusting Sabre as a whole, trusted his judgement on this mission. If there was one thing he knew was certain about Sabre, it's that he doesn't let his friends go down in vein. Light Steve knew that Sabre would stop at nothing to make sure Void Steve was defeated, even if that meant dying himself, for Rainbow Steve.

The Colourless Elites, the three brave Steve's that followed along for this mission, trusting Light Steve and Sabre with their lives. They wanted Void defeated just as much as the others, one specific one more than the rest. An Orange Steve, one who knew the third Hero during his time as an Orange Steve. An Orange Steve who also was friends with Funny Orange Steve before Void Steve destroyed him as well.

"We can do this," Sabre said. "We won't let Void win," he would say. The non-steve would repeat these positive chants, trying to further convince the Steve's who followed him here, or trying to convince himself. These chants, though positive, turned to lies in the end, after the battle.

They, in fact, couldn't do it.

The group ran into the battle, fighting against Corruption Steve and the mini Darkness army that he had with them. Light Steve and the Colourless Elites would take on this battle, allowing Sabre and Shadow to fight Void Steve alone.

How that was a mistake. A mistake that some would say caused the inevitable downfall of everyone. 

When Sabre and Shadow reached the meeting room, the room where Void was waiting for them, Shadow knew something was off. That this fight wasn't going to go as planned. They had tried to warn Sabre, tried to get him to back down. But Sabre didn't.

Void would mock them both, though mainly Sabre, trying to get him to easily back down, to easily let the darkness win. Sabre was too determined though, not willing to back down. So, he didn't.

Sabre and Shadow fought Void Steve with all their might, with all their strength, but it wasn't enough. Void was just too powerful, and Sabre too inexperienced with the Darkness. Sabre, though fighting Void, was also having a battle on the inside, holding off the Darkness from completely taking over, from allowing Shadow to completely take over.