Chapter VIII: Whats the use of feeling, Sunny?

Sunny would be sitting in the canteen area while playing class rush on his phone. At least he didn't lose his interests. Sunny didn't feel like himself anymore. All he felt was nothing but emptiness. It's like.. his name doesn't fit his mood anymore.

Just then, Chloe would spot Sunny and would rush over to him. "Sunny!" Chloe exclaimed, smiling. Sunny would look at her and tried his best to look more 'alive.' Otherwise Chloe would know he's now under the organizations control. Not quite though.

"Where have you been? We haven't seen you since Friday morning." Sunny would try to come up with the perfect excuse. "I was uh- I actually had to go home early. Yeah." Sunny would smile but... Chloe felt uneasy.

He was smiling yes but, it didn't feel genuine. "Anyways, how was your weekend?" Sunny asked. Chloe just sat there anxiously. "My weekend? I didn't do much but thanks for asking." She replied.

"Now come on Chloe, let's get to class!" Sunny exclaimed. Chloe was confused. "Wait- isn't it a bit too early-? We have plenty of time to spare." Sunny insisted on going to class early so they can be prepared for todays lessons.

Chloe shrugged and just went with it. They'd both walk to class and Sunny would immediately get his phone out. "Didn't you say we should go to class early to be prepared?" Chloe asked. "Nah- I didn't actually mean it. I just uhh- you see no one would catch us on our phones!" Sunny explained.

"Well, if you say so.." Chloe sighed. Something was off about Sunny. He acted the same despite being called to Mrs. Regna's office. Perhaps maybe nothing affected him and he'd still be the same??

About a moment later, Mrs. Regna and Mr. Alan would walk inside. Sunny and Chloe would immediately put their phones away but, not fast enough to not be caught. "Sunny and Grace Chloe. Do you know that we don't allow phones during school hours?" Mr. Alan stated.

"Especially YOU, Sunny. You should've known better after being locked for three days." Mr. Alan would glare at Sunny. "What? I wasn't locked in a room for three days? I'm just- me." Sunny said while looking down.

"You're just you? Let me remind you that when I came in earlier, you looked empty with no expression." Mrs. Regna explained. Then it clicked. Chloe had finally realized what was off. Sunny had been faking not being empty.

Sunny was defeated.. he certainly couldn't argue back. Otherwise he'd get in more trouble. "..You- you didn't teach me anything but emotionally break me down." Sunny stated. "Oh? We haven't gone to the business part yet. That's why we wanted to see if you were here."

Mrs. Regna would grab Sunny by the shoulder and walk out. He didn't try to fight back this time because he didn't care anymore. "Bye- Sunny." Chloe sighed and just sat there, not knowing what to do now.
.
.
.
Mr. Alan would be explaining the many ways to start a business and how to maintain it. He even insisted bringing in Diana to help Sunny guide him along the way. Sunny was listening to all of this because he didn't feel like he had control of himself anymore. He was made into someone else. Someone who was completely different.

"And creativity is one of the many things you can do to maintain a proper and successful business! Now that we got all that covered, we can get Diana in to help you start your business." Mr. Alan explained.

"But before we do that, we'll have to do a quick assessment with you." Mrs. Regna said. Sunny stared blankly and gave a faint, 'okay.' Mrs. Regna took Sunny into a separate room and made him watch a hypnosis video of getting rid of memories.

Sunny was just staring into the screen. He wasn't in pain, he wasn't happy, just.. nothing. He was nothing but an empty abyss. The color from his eyes would start draining.. and he was no longer the same Sunny.