Chapter XII: Bring back the happier days with Cleverly...

The past few weeks for Diana has been great! She was finally hanging out with Patrine and Tiffany again and they all got along. Every weekend night, they'd stay up late to hang out in the library or classroom studying, inviting Fierra sometimes.

"Alright girls! What is PEMDAS again?" Patrine asked. Tiffany and Diana would say "Parenthesis, Exponents, Multiplication, Division, Addition and Subtraction." in unison. Patrine smiled and did a thumbs up.

Another night, they were all quizzing on each other about what each math equation is called. Diana was the one who hosts these nights, Tiffany was the one to pick the location and Patrine was the one to remind all of them about this.

It was amazing but, Diana felt there was something missing deep down inside. Sure, she enjoyed these nights but.. even with Fierra it doesn't feel the same. She feels like there should be a someone like.. Cleverly..

Diana was starting to miss Cleverly more than ever. Why hasn't he come back yet? That's what the organization promised her. Follow their rules and they'll bring Cleverly back. At least, that's what she thought.

She thought if she followed what the organization told her, they'd bring Cleverly back! But, he wasn't here. But quickly, Diana was able to ignore that. She was blinded with her studies and proving she's good enough to the organization!

One day when Diana was in her room, already finished all her homework, she was bored. Patrine and Tiffany was already hanging out together so she'd remain bored with nothing to do.

She can only talk to her other roommate, Fierra who was being productive by drawing little doodles on sketch paper. Sure they weren't the best but, they were cute. "Fierra?" Diana called out. Fierra would stop doodling to listen to what Diana had to say.

"I heard the organization was gonna add school clubs soon and by the end of the year they're expecting us to compete against a 'battle' to showcase our talents." Diana explained. Fierra seemed to still be listening.

"Do you plan on joining one of them?" Diana asked. Fierra thought about it for a second.. she wasn't quite sure yet. "Well, it depends what kind of clubs they are. Have you gotten that information yet?" Diana shook her head.

Fierra would shrug and continue doodling. Diana would sigh, got up and would walk out of her room and to the student store downstairs to talk with Mr. Salim because he was one out of five teachers who worked there for extra pay.

When Diana got inside the elevator, unfortunately for her.. it broke down. In a panic, Diana quickly pressed the emergency button for help. One of the organizations employees answered and immediately started asking Diana questions like, 'is she okay?' and, 'did the elevator stop towards the middle?' to her response she said yes to both.

They'd immediately go run to the apartment building to go fix the elevator while Diana sat inside, waiting for them to fix the elevator. She started mumbling under her breath, the fear was real.

Diana was wondering when the person was gonna get the elevator fixed.. she curled up into a ball, and slowly began closing her eyes, falling asleep...

Minutes later, she was awoken to a familiar voice. "Diana? Diana!" It was.. Cleverly? What was he doing here? "..Cleverly-?" Diana questioned.

Cleverly would smile and say, "Yes Diana it's me-! Let's run away together- where we can both be free! Free from the organization and all of reality. Just the two of us, together.. alone.."

Cleverly would hold out his hand. Diana was.. confused. She was in the elevator just a second ago but.. now she's outside of the Academy-? How? "When..- how- how did I get out here?" Diana asked.