Chapter XIII: Our top student is.. gone?!

authors note: before we get to this chapter, i do want to mention there is a slight mention of death threats soooo- ENJOY THE CHAPTER THO-
.
.
.
In the classroom, you'd see everyone's eyes on the most beautiful and perfect student, Denise. During lunch, everyone was always asking Denise about future school events and for that, she said it has to be kept a secret.

Students always wondered how Denise was always so perfect. Was she gifted with eternal smarts? Or did she have to work her way up? Nonetheless, everyone admired Denise from her looks to her smarts.

Denise was an amazing role model to all the students attending Titan Academy. She was kind, beautiful, intelligent and honest. Everyone wanted to be just like her. She's like- the dream child a parent could ask for.

But what the other students didn't know was her relationship with her mother... denise was practically forced to study hard in order to be a high achiever. Which explains why she's always hard on herself.

Denise's mother was constantly calling her nonstop, questioning when will she return home. "Denise! Where are you?! It's been weeks since I last saw you! Are you okay?! Did you get kidnapped?!" Her mother would ask.

"No mom. I'm- haven't you read the emails? 'students of Titan Academy will be living in the school for now on for their studies.' And I'm doing fine. I haven't been kidnapped." Said Denise.

Her mother would sigh in relief but quickly turned into anger, yelling at her for not telling her before she had left for school. "Mom I..-I didn't know.. none of us knew.." Denise was nearly on the verge of tears.

Instead of apologizing to Denise and understanding, she just hung up the phone without another word. Denise just sat on her bed and started crying. Her roommates, Vicky, Maddy and Abbey noticed and immediately tried calming her down.

"Denise, was it your mother who was calling? I'm so sorry she didn't listen.. it isn't your fault you weren't fully aware of the situation." Maddy said, trying to comfort Denise.

Abbey then suggested they'd hang out together before Denise, Maddy and Vicky had night classes while Abbey had a science club meeting to go to. The girls would happily agree and they'd all hang out in the lounge area of the building.

"So Abbey, I heard clubs are having their first meeting, how are you feeling?" Asked Denise. "Well. I have to admit I'm kinda excited, kinda nervous." Said Abbey. Maddy then reassured her that it's okay to feel nervous when it comes to these sorts of things.

Vicky was.. silent the whole time. But overall, all four girls had an amazing time hanging out with each other so when it was almost 5:00 PM, they'd all say goodbye and that they'll see each other in the dorm by 8:37 PM.

When Denise, Maddy and Vicky walked inside the classroom, Vincent and Jianhao were inside waiting. Jianhao and Denise had met eyes with each other along with Vincent and Maddy. "Hi- Jianhao." Denise said awkwardly.

Jianhao didn't say hi back but just waved. "You guys came early." Said Maddy. "So how are you two doing on this lovely evening?" Vincent would slightly blush and say that he's doing wonderful while Jianhao looked at him.

"..What-? I'm being nice." Said Vincent. Jianhao would shrug it off and turned to the door to see no other student walk in. Nor any other staff member. It was only him, Vincent, Denise, Maddy and Vicky.

Eventually Mr. Alan would arrive and he saw that no one else was attending the night class. Everyone had either chosen to be apart of a school club or chose to not be apart of a club or the night class at all.

Everyone would turn to each other, wondering what they'll do. Mr. Alan also looked quite clueless and thought about cancelling the class altogether but that's when Denise got up and her seat and suggested they should keep this lesson going no matter how small or big the class is.