Chapter XIV: Don't leave us hanging...

authors note: okay- mega.. trigger warning... mentions of self h@rm, su1c1d3 and de@th threats... enjoy the angst~~
.
.
.
Maddy was a very kind and helpful student! She ran the Student Council and was mainly in charge for all the meetings and preparations so she had a lot of responsibilities. You can say she's even one of the most optimistic students in the institute.

Alongside with Denise, she was also fairly popular amongst the students for her great leadership and kindness she had always spread! Many students had always wondered how she was able to stay so happy all the time.

The truth about that.. Maddy takes medications so she wouldn't feel so sick and would never feel any negative thoughts. On the outside, she's seen as an optimistic and extroverted person but the inside.. she's rather sad and just wishes to disappear.

Her physical health she was doing perfect but her mental health.. it wasn't doing so good. The organization keeps forcing Maddy to take all these pills to feel happier when in reality she isn't happy at all-!

Every night, she cried herself to sleep because she couldn't stand the thought of her living. 'I can't do this.. I can't do this.. I don't want to do this anymore..!' that's what Maddy always had in mind while trying to sleep at night.

If one of her roommates asked if everything was alright, Maddy just reassured them that she was okay and they should all continue being happy because that's what she loved. Maddy loved the thought of others being happy. In fact, that's one of the only things that brings her some hope in life.

One day, when she was taking her medications, she saw Denise walk inside and she was shocked! Maddy had thought Denise had disappeared but here she was. Maddy questioned where Denise was and to her response, she just said the organization kept her in because they needed ideas to expand the school.

"Now that you're here.. do you want to.. maybe recruit members for the Student Council-?" Asked Maddy. Denise agreed and for the rest of their free time, the two were scouting students for the Student Council.

Maddy tried her best keeping her optimistic and caring persona. She didn't want anyone seeing how she truly feels and it'd just make everyone upset and suddenly everyone is worrying about her. But, Maddy wasn't gonna let that happen.

She walked with confidence and let out a big smile while asking students if they wanted to join the Student Council and fortunately for her, many students wanted to join!

So as soon as Maddy and Denise got all the applications, the two held a school poll for the students and staff and made them decide on who should get recruited and who shouldn't and whoever decided to forfeit with the votes, they were disqualified.

Unfortunately, seven students were disqualified and taken to the chamber of failures while five students were selected! Those five were Sunny, Jianhao, Vincent, Nicole and Debbie! Jianhao, Vincent and Nicole were the top three voted because of their popularity while Sunny and Debbie were remained unknown.

"Okay. Now that you're all apart of the Student Council.. there are a few rules you'll need to follow!" Said Maddy as she pointed to the whiteboard. All five members stared at the board while Maddy explained each and every rule.

"And remember... always keep an open mind-! It isn't always so healthy keeping your feelings in. But our first meeting begins tomorrow, exactly at 5:00 PM so don't be late!" Maddy smiled and excused everyone from the room.

Denise would walk up to Maddy and told her how amazing her leadership skills are and even wanted to learn from her. "Oh uh.. thanks Denise! I really appreciate it." Said Maddy. "Uh huh. It's quite unrealistic for someone to always be so positive no matter the situation.." Said Denise.