Chapter 30

Chapter 30

I had stayed over at Vic's house after our intense Friday talk. We didn't go to school obviously but we just kind of relaxed and talked. He told me more about Ana and how she was like. After hearing his description of her, I concluded that she seemed like an amazing girl. She was a rebel at times, but had the biggest heart. I knew it pained Vic to talk about her and every once in a while he would go back to blaming himself. I would have to tell him over and over again the same things from the first time until he understood. This was going to be a long process but I would not give up on it.

Saturday morning rolled in and Vic and I laid on his bed underneath the covers. Our legs and arms tangled in each other, and we just stayed there enjoying the comfort of each other's bodies. We had eaten breakfast but then soon came back to bed.

"Okay, I think I'm ready to watch the video." Vic said after a while. I looked at him, questioning if he was sure and he nodded. He then got out of bed and walked over to his desk. The familiar silver laptop was there.

"Wait, I thought you said that was your dads?" I said.

"Oh yeah, sorry about that lie too. I just figured that was the best thing to say," he said.

"Oh okay, it's fine." I shrug it off.

He came back to my side and put the laptop between our thighs. I knew he was uneasy about the whole situation, but I reassured him that everything would be fine. With a few deep breathes, he managed to open the laptop and turn it on. After a few seconds, he slowly typed in her password.

Immediately Vic went into her documents and clicked on a specific file. With that, a video popped up but we waited to press play. I squeezed his hand a little and then he pressed play. As soon as he did, Ana showed up. She was beautiful.

Now that I know the real reason for Vic not quite liking me at the beginning. I can understand the resemblance between me and her. It was just our eyes, but they were almost identical. Although hers seemed a tad darker. I guess Vic really did see her in me.

Even though she looked different from Vic's description, I knew that it was because of the treatment. She was pale and wore a head scarf to cover her bald head. Either way, she was beautiful.

'If you're watching this, then that means you're Vic. But if you're not Vic, please close this.

Anyways, you're probably wondering why in the world I hid this laptop and made you find it with a riddle. Honestly, I have no idea. I guess the boredom of this room got to my head.

And you're also probably wondering what this video is about. I just wanted to say a few things before I leave. Things I can't say face to face.

Why did she end her life, you might ask. I don't want to come off as selfish, but I just couldn't take it anymore. When I say that, I don't mean the treatment and everything that is going on with me. I can't take seeing everyone I loved suffer. Every day it's a pity party. I could deal with the cancer but I couldn't deal with knowing you guys weren't happy because of me.

This physically pained me more than the actual disease. It got to the point where I didn't want you guys to even look at me. I knew I was a bother, and I didn't want to be that.

And that's when I decided this. I know it'll hurt but eventually you'll be happy again. You all deserve that happiness and I will not allow myself to hold you back from that.

Vic, I love you. You're my big brother and will always be that. If there's an afterlife or not, just know that you'll always be in my heart.