Chapter 7

Chapter 7

The night sky darkened as the time passed and I patiently waited for the guys in the living room. Mom was in the kitchen but she kept telling me to be safe and shit at the party. I nodded even though she couldn't quite see me.

"I'm being serious, Kellin. Just because nothing 'bad' happened in the other party, doesn't mean this one will be the same. And for this party you will be far away from the house and you're not driving so-"

"Mom, I know okay? Like I said, I'm not gonna go get all wasted and stuff. I know I need to be 'responsible' so please stop repeating the same thing over and over."

"I'm just saying Kellin. I don't want to find out that you died or something."

I laughed at her comment but then quickly stood up since I heard the car honk, signaling they were here.

"Okay, I'll see you later then!" I shouted from the front door, earning yet another 'be responsible' comment.

I walked to the car, nerves filling me up but I tried to shake them off. When I opened the door and closed it behind me, I saw someone I wasn't expecting. Mike and surprisingly Vic were in the front but some else sat behind with me.

"Kellin, right?" He asked smiling. "I'm Jaime."

Oh yeah, I remember seeing him at the party. He was hanging out with Tony I think. Speaking of Tony, I wonder if he's coming.

"Oh, yeah you were at party right?" I asked.

"Yeah, I remember you."

The car ride wasn't as silent as I thought it would be. While Vic drove, Mike and Jaime blabbered on about the party. They engaged me in the conversation a few times but I wasn't the biggest talker. Vic was kind of silent too, so he didn't really talk with us but kept his eyes on the road. If it wasn't for his smile a few times, I would've thought he was mad or something. It was hard to read him sometimes.

The ride to the party was pretty long since we were going to a higher economy neighborhood. The houses or should I say mansions, were much larger than the average homes around our neighborhood. Austin's house was not any different from the others. It was a creamy white color and there was a lot of light illuminating it. There was a large gate guarding the house, and literally hundredths of people were passing it.

After what seemed forever, we parked and walked our way to the house. The loud music could be heard from the outside and I could literally smell the alcohol when we passed the front door.

Lights shinned every where and people's laughter and chatter was deafening. We walked past the intoxicated guests at the front to what seemed the living room. It was large and red velvet covered it. People were dancing with their friends, making out, and just simply havions fun.

We walked past the room into the bar where countless drinks were. Vodka bottles lined up the marble table with the other traditional drinks. While the guys grabbed some drinks for themselves, I just stood there kind of awkwardly looking for some type of non-alcoholic drink. But I mean, I was at the bar so how did I expect something like that.

After the guys grabbed their drinks, I followed them deeper into the house. Countless of drinking games were present but we walked to a game of beer pong. I have no idea why we walked to it, but what could I really do about it? I couldn't just walk away so I just watched the two dudes bouncing the small white ping pong balls into the plastic red cups.

The blonde guy was more than wasted and literally was missing every shot, while the dark haired one expertly bounced the balls inside.

"Yeah, Austin!" Mike shouted when he made his last one. Oh, so that's Austin. Everyone cheered at him and he laughed at his opponent as he messily chugged the beer.