Nightmares and Daydreams

I ran as fast as I could down the corridor, but no matter how fast I ran I could feel him gaining on me. I was not going to outrun him. My legs were screaming at me to stop but I pushed on. Reaching the end of the corridor, there was a door, it was black and had a silver knob, shaped like a skull. I didn't hesitate to burst through it. As I shoved my way through the door I realized I had made a huge mistake. Standing there, waiting for me was my tormentor. He had a smug smile on his face as he strode across the floor with such grace and confidence.

"It's good to see you again Kenzie, I have missed you dearly. Come, take a seat." His voice was thick, like a smoker's, and his eyes were black and full of aguish. I sat down on the only chair in the room, watching the man warily as he stood in front of me. With one small nod I was tied up by one of his goonies and another gooney dragged a beaten Louis from a room that I had failed to notice.

"Louis!" I shrieked, struggling against my restraints to get to him. The more I struggled, the tighter they got. "Oh Louis, what have they done to you?" A strangled sob left my throat and I forced the tears back. I couldn't show weakness, I had to be strong, for Louis.

"I told you, if you defy me, I would go after the one you love. Why can't you ever fucking listen?!" The man shrieked, pulling a knife from his pocket- a switchblade. I tried to scream, escape, thrash, do anything but I couldn't. I watched in horror as the man slid the knife across Louis' neck, blood oozing from the wound.

"Louis!" I shot up in bed, shaking and covered in sweat. The dream had been so realistic. My heart was hammering in my chest and I had tangled myself up in my blankets.

I glanced at the clock to see it was 7:30, much later than I had assumed it was. I ran a hand through my sweaty hair and untangled myself from my cocoon before heading into the bathroom. I splashed my face with cold water a few times to wake myself up, resulting in soaking most of the counter and myself.

After a hot shower and some coffee I managed to get dressed in a red and black plaid shirt, black skinny jeans, my converse, and have my hair curled and some makeup on. I checked my phone to see that it was 11:15 and I didn't have a text from Louis.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had forgotten about me, but I couldn't help but feel slightly worried, mainly because of my horrendous nightmare. I shook my head, slid my phone into my pocket, along with my wallet, some chap stick and headed downstairs.

"No, absolutely not!" I could hear my mother's raised voice float out from the kitchen.

"Honestly honey, I think we should let her go. I know we have been keeping her under house arrest basically, and she hasn't done anything to defy us. I say she's earned a day out. Granted, he was a part of why she is in this whole mess, but look at him, he doesn't look dangerous." I paused outside the door to listen to my father.

"With all due respect ma'am, I have good intentions with your daughter. I am planning to take her out to lunch, go to the park, and have her home by six. I know that I don't look very trustworthy, but I can ensure you that I wouldn't let anyone hurt Mackenzie." Louis? What the hell is he doing?

I pushed the door open and almost stop breathing, almost. The sight in front of me is not what I was expecting at all. My parents and Louis gathered around the kitchen table, my mother already dressed formally with her hair in a perfect bun, my father still in his pajamas. And Louis, in a baby blue button down shirt and khakis.

I know I am gawking at him, but he really does know how to clean up, well if you ignore the piercings. He actually looks. . .  I know I will regret saying this, but he looks. . . sexy. An image of him as a school teacher bending me over a desk flashes through my mind and I flush. I did not just imagine that. God dammit Mackenzie, get your shit together. Gah.

"What's going on here?" My voice doesn't come out as smooth as I hoped it would, but it catches everyone's attention.

"This nice young man just asked our permission to take you to lunch. Your mother, of course, is completely opposed to the idea. But I think it would be good for you to get out of the house. Of course you will have to be home by six," He shoots Louis a look before turning back to me. "But I do think you need some social time, since you have been behaving like a mature adult. So I am letting you off the hook for today. Don't ruin it, but have fun kiddo." He says before standing from the table and walking out of the kitchen.

"Richard!" My mum shrieked, chasing him out of the room, if it had been a cartoon I would imagine there would be smoke pouring from her ears. I blink a few times to register what just happened, before looking at Louis, who wore a smug smirk.

"Told you I would be able to get you out of the house." He says triumphantly, making me laugh. A flash of my nightmare pops into my head and before I can register what I am doing, my arms are wrapped tightly around his neck, my face buried into his chest. As soon as I realize what I am doing I release him and take a step back, avoiding eye contact.

"Uhm, sorry, just excited to see you," I lie. "Are you ready to go?" He gives me a weird look before nodding, taking my hand and leading me out the front door.

*** A/N***

Alright so I probably won't be writing a new chapter anytime soon. Right now I am going back through all the chapters and fixing them. Sorry! -Tracy xoxo