The Water Might Overflow

I spend the rest of the day thinking about Cate and looking forward to this afternoon till I get a text from her:

*hi Kim,
I will not be able to come over later. I'm Sorry*

This was odd. Especially the way it sounded in my head. And she didn't even say 'maybe tomorrow' or 'another day'.

Later at home I decided to call her but she didn't answer so I texted her:

*Hey love, I tried to call you but you didn't answer. You must be busy. How bout tomorrow then? Hope you had a good day, call me XO*

ten minutes later I got a text from Dashiell saying his old friends were visiting tomorrow since it was a long weekend (bridge day) and he asked if I wanted to come and have a sleep over.

I waited an hour for Cates answer before replying yes because Cate said she was busy tomorrow as well.

-----

Next day at 4 pm I was making my way over to Dashiell with some drinks, snacks and a packed bag. Everybody seemed nice. 3 girls and 2 boys. He played basketball with them before moving here.

At some point they decide to go get some pizza and Dashiell took me aside.

"I know this might sound weird but would you mind staying here? My mom got a call from my dad Monday after we talked and she's been off since then. She's in her room but I would feel better if she wasn't alone and you're the only one who she really knows."

I agreed to stay and they left.
So she wasn't busy... She was avoiding me? Well kind of everybody since she was staying in her room. She must've heard the door closing though because I heard her come down the stairs while pouring myself a glass of water. When she turned the corner and saw me in her kitchen she just stood there frozen.

"Hey love" I said making my way towards her. I was not mad at her. I mean I wondered why she lied or more didn't say anything but I could also kind of understand. I embraced her and gave her a kiss in the crook of her neck. I could feel her holding tighter and tighter to me and letting out deep breaths.

"It's okay baby, it's okay. There's nothing that can't be fixed" I held her close to me until she let go and looked and me.

"You look beautiful might I add" I said giving her a gentle smile. "I don't...I've been in bed for two days. I'm sweaty and greasy" she said flatly.
I picked her up and whispered "how bout a shower or a bath then". I felt her nod and moved upstairs. I placed her on the bed and went to run her a bath. When I came back she had taken of her pants but was just sitting there so I went over to help her. I knelt before her and kissed her knee before helping her with her shirt. I left kisses here and there to lift her mood and when I unclipsed her bra she took my face up to hers and whispered "touch me".

"Mhm I want nothing more than that baby but I don't think that would solve the situation. Plus, the water might overflow" I answered and gave her a kiss on the lips. Once completely undressed we walked to the bathroom and on the way, I saw two bottles of wine next to her bed. That might explain her state.

In the bathtub she asked several times for me to come in but since Dashiell was about to get home soon with his friends I declined which got me some water splashes and a little silent treatment. I stayed sat next to the tub observing her even if she had her eyes closed and was a little offended I said no again.

Out of the blue she looked at me and her cheeks went red "you know after our first encounter I got so turned on by you" she paused biting her lip and closing her eyes adding in a seductive tone "I went to bed and masturbated thinking of you. I thought of you sucking my nipples so hard it made me scream out loud. I thought of you bending me over the kitchen counter and fucking me with a strap on." her hands had moved to her titts that were rock hard. At this point I was so turned on I wanted nothing more than to just do what she had told. But on the other hand, I knew that she was drunk and I wasn't gonna take advantage of her. She wasn't even thinking about her son being home with his friends so I stopped her.

"As much as I want to do that, and believe me we are going to do that, I'm gonna wash your hair, put you to bed and then leave." And so, I did.
In-between I heard Dashiell come back but I didn't mind. I think he knew his mom was drinking otherwise he had no reason to be worried. Once she had fallen asleep I went downstairs and joined the group in the living room. Between the drinks, the games and the laughs I told Dashiell I had taken care of his mom and he thanked me saying he hadn't known what to do.

The next morning, I was the first up so I decided to make breakfast for everyone. Well for Cate but I didn't wanna be to suspicious. I found everything to make pancakes, set the table and washed the blueberries I found.
Cate walked in. She had showered, her hair was wet and she had changed into jeans and a shirt. she silently threw the bottles away and leaned her back against the kitchen counter opposite of me.

She put her hands on her face slid them through her hair and exhaled deeply.

"are you okay?" I asked which seemed to have caught her by surprise by the look she gave me. She nodded. She felt so far away and not at all warm and cosy like I knew her. I figured she might need some space so I left. Well at least I intended to but I turned around when Cate apologized.

"I'm sorry" she repeated "for whatever else that happened apart from my comments. I'm not sure I remember everything and I feel like I made you uncomfortable."

"You didn't make me uncomfortable" I chuckled "and you remember everything because nothing else happened"

"thank you for not giving into my advances I was not thinking straight I was just mad and hurt and it's completely absurd-"

"It's not" I cut her off. I took her in my arms and repeated "it's not. You have every right to feel the way you feel and whenever or if ever you feel ready or want to tell me what happened I'm here for you my love" I gave her a kiss on the head because I could feel someone watching us. And I was right. The second we split Dashiell came in.